• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

Latest build

Link to photo of picture doesn't come up. It was to large to upload here. And I'm too lazy right now to fix it

Upper put together buy Mark at precision
    Lilja 319 barrel
    Bcm kmr A19 rail
    GGG bipod
    Mega billet

Lower put together by me
    Mega billet
    Geislle ssae 2 stage trigger
    Precision firearns grip
    jp silent capture spring
    Magpul prs stock
    Accu-shot mono-pod

Glass
    Vortex razor hd II 4.5x27x56 epc-r
    Aadaland lens covers
    On bobro 20mao quick release mount

Weather in texas has been to bad to go ahoot lately hopefully soon i can get a range report in
    Last edited by Kikn; 06-14-2016, 02:35 AM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Great looking rifle, I bet it'll shoot great. Be sure to post a range report!

Comment

• m796rider
      Warrior
      • Jul 2011

You should be able to shoot bugholes with that barrel and scope combo... Nice!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
        Warrior
        • Jan 2016

Great looking rifle. Just putting mine together now.

We'll have awesome weather through Sunday here is TX... hope to see a range report soon!

Comment

• Vasux86
          Warrior
          • Apr 2015

That rifle is sweet looking. I really like the shorter barrel on there. Is the a 16" barrel?

Comment

• Vasux86
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

Now that I'm looking at it again, I'll rephrase my statement and say that I like the balance of the rifle. The combination of the fixed buttstock, forearm length, and barrel length is wicked. Well done.

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

Thanks, for ty he replys everyine. The barrel is an 18.5" barrel. It was or is my replacement barrel from the barrel from the group buy a couple of years ago.

I found a new range in Decatur, tx that had an 800 yard range i may try and go check out this weekend if i don't go to the ranch to go hunt.

Comment

• am4966
                Chieftain
                • Jul 2014

@kikn what model bipod after you using from GG&G? Also are the feet hard or soft? I'm just wondering if it would work on a cement/wood bench at the Range?

12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Kikn
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

The feet are hard. But have hard rubberized bottoms

It is the GG&G QD heavy duty extreme

I'll soon find out if it works well on a bench. Going hunting this weekend but i took the gun so i can at least get it sights in.
                  Last edited by Kikn; 06-14-2016, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• Kikn
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2011

Well it looks like it should be a good shooter. I didn't get to do much work on it this weekend since I was hunting but did get it on paper at 100.

I was shooting off a 2 piece table that had more jiggle in it than a fat girl running for a hotdog; but still had managed to get 2 out of 3 touching.

Only shot around 10 rounds didn't want to shoot it to much before trying to clean the copper fouling out if there is any. I'll post more, probably won't get to shoot this coming weekend since its fathers day but going to plan on it the following weekend.

Comment

• am4966
                      Chieftain
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
                      Well it looks like it should be a good shooter. I didn't get to do much work on it this weekend since I was hunting but did get it on paper at 100.

I was shooting off a 2 piece table that had more jiggle in it than a fat girl running for a hotdog; but still had managed to get 2 out of 3 touching.

Only shot around 10 rounds didn't want to shoot it to much before trying to clean the copper fouling out if there is any. I'll post more, probably won't get to shoot this coming weekend since its fathers day but going to plan on it the following weekend.
                      Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to be in the market for a bipod soon. I'm looking at the GG&G's or Atlas
                      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2016

GG&G and the Atlas are 2 different animals. I personally suggest a 6-9 Harris with Pod Lock and a QD mount on an AR platform simply due to weight distribution.

I have a couple Atlas and love them, but on an AR and on my DTA I run the Harris.

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Update, finally got to the range..sadly i got rained out and only got to fire 20 rounds. (Factory hornady 123 amax) It looks like ours going to be a good shooter. This was My first 3 shots fired to set my zero at 100 yard's. I was aiming at the lower right dot so it was a little off

Here are my final shots still trying to finalize my 200 yard zero. I'm still about an inch + high @ 200 the one shot labeled point of aim is what i was trying to hit.

It was a relatively calm afternoon about 90 degrees until the storm hit. With it came a 15 degree drop in temp and a sudden 30+ mph wind gust....time to go!!

I shot at fossil ridge in decatur, tx. Met another guy by the name of Chris who just got a grendel and had a ppu round blow up his extractor. Not really sure all that happened there.

Anyway, the long range was closed off. Seemed like a nice place. Only bad thing is everyone shared one long bench so if the guy next to you moves the whole bench moves to. And there were 3 or 4 people shooting when i moved over to the 200 yard side after my only 3 shots at 100 where i was had a bench to myself...lol
                          Last edited by Kikn; 07-10-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2016

am4966... if you want to load up your bipod on a concrete bench you can put sandbags in front of it. If that doesn't work; get a piece of wood with a big c-clamp or one of the cheaper adjustable clamps from HD, Lowes, Harbor Freight, etc... and use it on the front of the bench and press your legs against that.

Comment

Working...
                            X