• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RicosRevenge
    Warrior
    • Jan 2016

Parts Starting to Disappear

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder to all of you with projects in the works...

Parts are disappearing from retailers and distributors at a very rapid pace. RSR Distributing in Dallas/Fort Worth is out of lowers and the 338 DPMS Oracle rifles they had in stock last night are already gone.

Snatch up the lowers, parts kits and bolts you need ASAP.
  • Heinz57grendel
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

I have been seeing that as well

Comment

• lawndartmike
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2015

And don't forget reloading supplies!

Comment

• ah1whiskey
        Warrior
        • Sep 2015

yep hillary clinton just dropped the stars and stripes and hoisted the black flag---

Comment

• lawndartmike
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2015

Both Hillary and Obama are calling for the assault weapons ban to be brought back and even Fox News is jumping on the anti-AR15 bandwagon calling it "common sense". It doesn't look good....

Comment

• 37L1
            Warrior
            • Jan 2015

A few people need to be reminded:

First they came for my AR, then they came for your Glock.

High capacity magazines, reference New York and California.

Comment

• usmc1371
              Warrior
              • Aug 2011

They will only get mine from my dead cold hands.

Comment

• 204 AR
                Warrior
                • Sep 2015

I just ordered a spare bolt and a couple of extractors, just in case they become unavailable at the moment I happen to need one. I've resisted the urge to buy more uppers/lowers etc, and think I will lay in a few more kegs of powder and primers when I can.

Comment

• WVB4
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

The latest terror attack in Orlando resulted in my ordering the parts for an upper build a little sooner than I had planned. I knew the anti-gun push would come within hours and it did. I have a feeling bad times are on the way again.

Comment

• Slappy
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2014

Ordering things for the group buy, luckily I have/had some parts already and what I have ordered I ordered two of. Was thinking about selling an upper/rifle but after what happened this past weekend might just have to keep it as a collect piece. Stuff is flying off the shelves as folks are buying what ever they can.
                    Last edited by Slappy; 06-15-2016, 05:51 PM.

Comment

• Fishinglink
                      Unwashed
                      • Nov 2015

As of Friday morning both bolts from Alexander and the 4 & 17 rd mags are all 3-4 weeks out. Just a friendly note.

Comment

• Maplebacon
                        Unwashed
                        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by RicosRevenge View Post
                        Snatch up the lowers, parts kits and bolts you need ASAP.
                        Rather self fulfilling advice/panic.

It equates to "hurry and buy this stuff because people are hurrying to buy this stuff!"

Threads like this are not doing anyone favors.

Comment

• ah1whiskey
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2015

the real panic has not started yet cause hillary ain't in office yet--

this is just the tremors before the big one---

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Maplebacon View Post
                            ..It equates to "hurry and buy this stuff because people are hurrying to buy this stuff!"
                            I hear you!

My first exposure to that phenomenon was in 1970 when I desperately needed grease pencils -- we used them to record events during air strikes by writing on the window for reference at the end of the event or mission.

Our operations were remote from our home base and I could get to there only once a month or so. All of us stocked up as soon as we saw supplies on the shelves because it might be months before the the shelves would be restocked and have anything the next time I was at the base The net result was some of us had more than we could use and some of us had none depending on luck and timing.

I saw it happen later in the states in more than one institutional store room.

We have all seen it happen with guns, ammunition and compnents when gun control zealots are in charge of national affairs.

So, while I agree that rushing to buy early may not be fair to others, enough folks will do it anyway that about the only real option is buy early and heavily if one wants to have reasonably secure stocks.
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• ah1whiskey
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2015

some reasons the panic is not off with a bang this time are--

there has been so many panics before that most folks are well stocked up--

and

the obama economy is so bad that people no longer have the cash to spend on a panic buy-- like they did in the past.

i think that folks overbought the last few times too-- lol

there was sort of an AR glut before the panic too--

my advise would be -- just buy what you need and slowly stock up on deals before HRC goes in-- it ain't time to panic "yet"-

Comment

Working...
                              X