Bolt Action Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt Action Grendel

Does any know of any company that does a Bolt Action Grendel? Or, would it be possible to get a barrel for a 5.56 bolt and replace it with the grendel without having to do extreme customizations?
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Fairly easy to get a Grendel barrel and put it on one of the various rifles chambered for 7.62x39. I know CZ makes one, and possibly Savage as well.

Comment

You need this one and a new barrel http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/cz-527-carbine/

Comment

Yes ive seen a few cz 527 conversions. Theres a review on one if you go gunmart.net

Comment

It's posible to do one on a .223 bolt, I love mine. Tell us which acton you want to convert and someone here will be able to walk you through it.

Comment

Another thought... Should I just look at a 6.5 Creedmoor? Gives more punch and has a better range... Might do that, but was looking at improving accuracy... With the stuff that I hunt/shoot a bolt works good. I have not tested the Grendel on yotes yet, but I can't wait!

Comment

on the Savage forum (http://www.savageshooters.com/SavageForum/ )there has been some whom have used Savage Action for the Grendel by changing the bolt head (see SSS Sharp Shooter Supply for parts http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ ). CSS also sells Savage Drop in barrels (http://www.competitionshooting.com/c...tegory33/p1618 ) I don't know if that information meets your needs or not.
              The 6.5-284 would also work for long range in a Savage or Remington even in a Winnie 30 with a Standard bolt face, but has a short barrel life.
              I have heard that the Standard bolt face would work with the Grendel if one changed the Extractor but I do not recall the Link to the information

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper20 View Post
                Another thought... Should I just look at a 6.5 Creedmoor? Gives more punch and has a better range... Might do that, but was looking at improving accuracy... With the stuff that I hunt/shoot a bolt works good. I have not tested the Grendel on yotes yet, but I can't wait!
                It depends on what action size-length you want. If you go standard short action, I wouldn't even mess with a 6.5 Creedmoor since there is only one source of so-so brass for it, and it doesn't do anything .260 Rem can't do, while there are at least 5 sources of brass for .260 Rem, two or three of them being of high quality, especially Lapua now. You will have a heavier rifle, and more recoil of course.

A buddy of mine has a Cz527 chambered in 6.5 Grendel, and is getting 2650-2700 fps with 139gr Scenars, so that is matching 6.5x55 Swede velocities, if not giving the older actions a beasting, and nipping at the heels of .260 Rem velocities, with 15-18gr less powder. The Cz would make an excellent little white tail and even Moose or Elk bolt gun, that is lighter than any other bolt action out there in the short-action class.

Comment

• recon562001

I have a CCZ 527 done by Wayne York at www.oregunsmithingllc.com. It shoots .5 MOA but its a little pricy.

Comment

If CZ could offer the CZ 527 action only in the 7.62X39 caliber. They sell just the actions in .22 Hornet and .223 http://www.cz-usa.com/download/95/ bottom left

Comment

Who makes a barrel threaded for the Savage 10 / 110 series and chambered for the Grendel?

Comment

As much as I would love to get a custom rifle like on the links listed, or convert something for hunting, I don't think that's much of an option for me at this point. Being in Iowa, there is no firearm on Deer, so I use bow and BP. And I think I am more for the target style anyhow... I have heard awesome things about the 6.5 Creedmoor in the Ruger M77 target rifle, so I was thinking of one of those, but not sure yet... I just like the idea of having a mid range in an AR and long range in a bolt that shoots the same bullet... Not as much clutter...haha.

Comment

Originally posted by hm2 clark View Post
                          It's posible to do one on a .223 bolt, I love mine. Tell us which acton you want to convert and someone here will be able to walk you through it.
                          Do you have a CZ 527 .223 converted in a 6.5 Grendel? If so, I would be very interested in this conversion process.

Comment

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                            Who makes a barrel threaded for the Savage 10 / 110 series and chambered for the Grendel?
                            JA

CSS here:

and the Savage forum has several sources:

Varoum if you poke around on the CSS site there is a drop in barrel there for the CZ

Comment

Originally posted by Varoum View Post
                              If CZ could offer the CZ 527 action only in the 7.62X39 caliber. They sell just the actions in .22 Hornet and .223 http://www.cz-usa.com/download/95/ bottom left
                              Got CZUSA on Facebook and there are not available action only that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X