• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WVB4
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

1st Grendel upper build

Just ordered all the parts on Sunday to build my 1st 6.5 Grendel upper. I'll list the parts below and I'll update this thread once it is built and I have some range results. I've gotten a lot of good information here and just want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge.

Odin Works - 18" DMR profile barrel, BCG, Gas tube and adjustable gas block and 15.5" MLOK rail.

PA - Aero Precision upper and Manticore Arms Nightbrake Comp.

AA - 2 x 10 round magazine and 1 x 17 round magazine.
  • WVB4
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2016

Finished my upper tonight. Will be taking it to the range tomorrow to see how it shoots. Hopefully these links work.

hunt101.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hunt101.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

hunt101.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, hunt101.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Good looking rifle, be sure to let us know how it shoots.

Comment

• Slappy
        Warrior
        • Feb 2014

Nice looking rifle. How do you like the feel of the Odin hand guard? does it feel heavy? They caught my eye the other day and look like an alternative to a carbon fiber one with out any holes. Thanks BANG BANG!!

Comment

• WVB4
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
          Nice looking rifle. How do you like the feel of the Odin hand guard? does it feel heavy? They caught my eye the other day and look like an alternative to a carbon fiber one with out any holes. Thanks BANG BANG!!
          The Odin Works hand guard feels very light and it also feels good in the hand. This will primarily be a hunting gun so I was a little concerned when I saw the DMR profile barrel. I haven't weighed the rifle yet but it feels very light and comfortable for prolonged carry.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I'll post range reports later today weather permitting.

Comment

• 762n40
            Bloodstained
            • Oct 2015

Looks very nice, well done

Comment

• WVB4
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

Made it out to the range today for some zeroing. I got the adjustable gas block so it took several adjustments to get the bcg to lock back on an empty magazine. My AA magazines are back ordered so I used 2 20 round pmags. I only loaded 3 rounds at a time but they worked fine for that.

After getting on paper at 25 yards I then moved to 100. My loads used were 100gr fmj by Wolf and 123gr Hornady SST. Groups 1-5 were all Hornady SST. Group 6 was the wolf. As you can see my gun prefers the Hornady. I only have a total of 35 rounds down the pipe but I'm very happy with this build so far. Again thanks for the kind words.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Looks good, that is about typical group for the Wolf 100 grain FMJ Steel cased ammo. Looks loke you got a good shooter.

Comment

• WVB4
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                  Looks good, that is about typical group for the Wolf 100 grain FMJ Steel cased ammo. Looks loke you got a good shooter.
                  Thanks. Hopefully it will shoot tighter after some more break in. I'll also shoot some different loads but I'll probably stick with the Hornady SST for hunting since I don't reload yet. I am happy with the .75 MOA its averaging. Above all it means more to me that I bought the parts and built it myself. This was my 1st build and now I already have the desire for more builds. I would like to save up for a better scope for this one though.

Comment

Working...
                  X