• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

More to follow.

Comment

• IceAxe
        Warrior
        • Jan 2014

I do so enjoy these videos. Keep up the good work. I have to admit I have been looking more and more at a flir for my coyote gun. Thanks Again.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2013

FLIR recently bought out Armasight, fyi.
          Kill a hog. Save the planet.
          My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• IceAxe
            Warrior
            • Jan 2014

Sorry, I meant FLIR in the generic sense, it's what we called the night side thermal optics on the Apache. I probably should have said IR.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2013

No problem, IA, I was just noting that there was a big change in the thermal world. I get where you are coming from. "FLIR" is often used as a generic descriptor.

Okay, went out last night and dropped a 225 lb boar with a shot through the chest. My stand was south of the feeder and we had a slight SE wind and he took long enough during his security check and was close enough to cover to make me think that I needed to shoot him sooner rather than later. So I didn't take the shoulder shot I was hoping to take, but instead shot him through the chest with a neck/shoulder entry, all soft tissue.

The 129 gr. Nosler Accubond LR did well. The entry was small. There was some good damage to the underside of the shoulder blade meat despite the fact that the bullet went directly into the chest cavity, striking the heart, apparently mulching the lungs (still haven't figured out how he death screamed with no blood coming out his snout), and then the bullet disappeared. I could not find where it passed into the abdomen and could not find it in the chest cavity. It did not exit, either. As seen in the video, the chest cavity was just a pool of blood, lung parts, and the heart.

Been doing some reading. What I described is referred to in military vernacular as "weapon target interaction." I would say that weapon target interaction was very good.

Video

Comment

• jawbone
                Warrior
                • Jan 2012

yeah, you interacted the hell out of that one, 00Spy. thanks again for the necropsies. invaluable.

Comment

• Drift
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2014

Way cool! Bang thump.

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2013

Okay, not a hog and no necropsy, but this was part of my duties for the landowner.

Using the Nosler Accubond LR 129 gr. loaded ~2520 fps, I took the second coyote at 120 yards. The shot entered just forward of the shoulder blade where the neck meets the shoulder and then exited out the rib cage on the other side with a raking (angled) exit, taken out several ribs in the process. After photos, I went to load the coyote in my truck and promptly dumped out a couple cups of blood from the exit wound where it had pooled in the chest. Undoubtedly, the lungs and cardiovascular structures were in poor shape.

Comment

Working...
                    X