• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CrabbyMcNab
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2011

Savage Model 10 Scout (7.62x39) & Apache 65 Grendel Barrel

Savage Model 10 FCM Scout in 7.62x39. It has less than 20 rounds down the tube.
    Synthetic Stock, Bottom Bolt Release, Detachable Box Magazine, Accustock and Accutrigger (which I really like).

Apache Gun Works 6.5 Grendel Barrel, brand new. 22 inch, medium sporter, recessed crown, stainless steel, 1/9, GM blank, reamed to .294 neck with a .167 freebore length. Ordered mid December 2015, received April 2016

Northland Shooter Supply SS barrel nut and recoil lug. Original nut and lug as well.

Stock barrel was removed from the receiver using an action wrench from NSS. The original nut was boogered slightly, but still serviceable. The NSS recoil lug does not fit the Savage stock (too thick), and the Savage lug does not fit the Apache barrel. Therefore there isn't a functional bolt action Grendel in this package. You will need another lug, stock, or dremel the plastic stock.

I can mate the 65 barrel, lug and nut onto the receiver using action wrench and go/no go gauges, or place the 762x39 barrel back on with the caveat the new owner needs to get it headspaced prior to firing.

The next step was a new stock, but I have decided to go in a different route.

$900 for all. Located in Maryland, will split shipping costs.
  • CrabbyMcNab
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2011

Pictures attached

1319727215702Savage_Model10_FCMScout1.jpgIMG_1924.JPGIMG_1923.JPGIMG_1925.JPG
    Willing to break up the package if you are looking for something specific.
    Ultimately I'm looking for an 1892 or 1892 45LC lever gun.
    I may be willing to trade the 6.5 barrel for an AR barrel/bolt.

Let me know if interested.

Comment

• CrabbyMcNab
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2011

I may be willing to split it all out if you are looking for an action and bolt, would need to ship to an FFL.

Comment

• CrabbyMcNab
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2011

Never mind. Building the Grendel and selling the 7.62 barrel.

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

Let us know how she carries and shoots!
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
          X