Lightweight hunting Grendel, the expensive way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoxofRox
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by realtreehunter View Post
    Thanks for posting, I have been wanting to build a Grendel with the balios stuff also, how do you like them?
    Their quality is amazing. The upper and lower have zero slop, they're super light, and very nice looking. I would highly recommend their stuff to anyone.

Comment

• Gunn
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2016

Definitely passes the smell test.

Comment

• 6.5 Grendel
        Warrior
        • Nov 2015

I have to say that's a very nice bear! Oh and nice 6.5 too.
        "One Good Shot Is All I Need."

Comment

• Grendelseeker
          Bloodstained
          • Jul 2016

Nice looking rig, and at 7#12oz that's great- assuming that's without the suppressor, right? What length barrel?

Did you ever get loads developed that group better than the factory SSTs you mentioned?

Also, what distance was that bear?? One shot? That's a big boy for a 123 starting out at 2500fps.

I'm looking to build up a light one as well, no suppressor, probably a brake.

Comment

• BoxofRox
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Grendelseeker View Post
            Nice looking rig, and at 7#12oz that's great- assuming that's without the suppressor, right? What length barrel?

Did you ever get loads developed that group better than the factory SSTs you mentioned?

Also, what distance was that bear?? One shot? That's a big boy for a 123 starting out at 2500fps.

I'm looking to build up a light one as well, no suppressor, probably a brake.
            Yup, just the complete rifle, but the Omega suppressor only weighs about 12oz, so it's not much. It's an 18" Lilja fluted barrel.

I haven't had much luck yet with load development, I've tested 2 powders at varying weights and lengths, with not a lot of consistency. Makes me question my abilities.

The bear was 130yds, one high shoulder shot dropped it immediately, it sat still for about 10 seconds then started kicking its back legs and scooting itself forward. One more shot to the spine dropped it for good. I'm going out this weekend for fall bear to see if I can get another one with the Grendel.
            Last edited by BoxofRox; 08-05-2016, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X