X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retro
    Warrior
    • Jul 2016

If I lived in Cali I would build nothing but 80% lowers. Oh, wait, I'm in Washington and that's all I build with anyway

Comment

• Fatmatt
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2016

Just pulled the trigger on the 6.5 Grendel 18" Lightweight Complete Upper from Alexander Arms. http://www.shopalexanderarms.com/Upp...ete_Upper.html
      Ordered a few extra mags, the reloading bundle, a brick of good ammo and some Wolf steel cased cheapies. Can't wait to get it all built up!

Comment

• Fatmatt
        Unwashed
        • Jul 2016

Got my goodies from brown Santa a few days ago and I'm planning on taking it to the range tomorrow (Sunnyvale Rod and Gun Club) to zero in the scope. With the exception of my 10/22, this is my first new rifle. Any suggestions on break in? I have Wolf and Hornady ammo, I was thinking I would use just the Wolf on this first go round.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Be sure to use lots of lube on the bolt and carrier on first outing. I would suggest trying a few Hornady first to make sure your rifle functions. The Wolf ammo is not as hot and may be more prone to malfunction on a brand new upper. If the rifle functions 100% on Hornady I'd try two or three Wolf steel case to see if they function. If those also function I'd say your GTG.

Be sure to report back on your range trip!

Comment

• Fatmatt
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2016

Finally got a break in the weather last week and got a little range time in. Rifle performed flawlessly and seems to be more accurate than I am. Had to wait an hour for a lane and then had to share with my father in law. By the time I stated to get the scope sighted in it was getting pretty dark. Could barely see the target and my glasses and the scope were fogging up. Despite all that the rifle was a joy to shoot. My "high" scope rings were a bit too low though as you had to really squish your face onto the stock to get a decent sight picture. I've since rectified that with some Warne mountain tech "ideal height" rings. I'll try to get a few photos up soon.

Comment

• Fatmatt
              Unwashed
              • Jul 2016

Some pics -

At 100 yards dialing in to zero with Hornady 123g AMAX (scope was previously on my K31 Schmidt-Rubin with an offset mount so it took a minute)

Some visitors to the range giving absolutely zero f**ks

On the bench

With the new scope risers

Build list -
              Fulton Armory lower
              LPK from Palmetto State Armory
              Geiselle SSA-E trigger
              Fab Defense GLR-16 Green - Polymer Anti-slip Buttstock w/ MAKO FAB Adjustable Cheek Rest Kit w/ Dual Picatinny Rails
              Hogue Rubber No Finger Groove Grip in O.D. Green
              Hogue HandAll Tactical Grip Sleeve Large Black
              Alexander Arms 6.5 Grendel 18" Lightweight Complete Upper
              WCI Muzzle Brake
              MK10 Composite Mid-Length Handguard
              Leupold VX-2 6-18 X 40mm A.O. CDS Scope w/ Fine Duplex Reticle
              UTG TL-880 Bipod

I'm thinking my next purchase is gonna be a brass catcher from Tactical Brass Recovery and maybe a fancier bipod but the UTG works for now. Overall, I'm incredibly happy with the rifle and can't wait to get out to a little more distance.

Comment

• jim_bob
                Warrior
                • Jul 2014

Looks like it's a shooter!

Comment

Working...
                X