• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dammitman
    Warrior
    • Dec 2012

Anderson manufacturing grendel barrel

So icy Anderson arms or rather Andersen Manufacturing is now offering a 16 inch 6.5 Grendel barrel. I just talked with them and I am not sure what the chambering is. They call it Grendel one. I don't know what that means as they are under the impression that there are four different chamberings possible for a Grendel barrel. Does anyone have any idea about this or maybe has anyone else called them to see what they could figure out. I really only want a true Grendel SAAMI chamber.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

Did you ask if they were having them cut to sammi specs?

If you did and they didnt answer you are couldnt tell you the diffrence between a sammi chamber and the rest I would spend my money somewheres other then there.

As a buisness they should beable to give you clear info on the specs of their products and if they cant I wouldnt buy it.

Im not bashing Anderson at all my grendel has a anderson lower with anderson parts and it is a fine peice of gear.

Comment

• dammitman
      Warrior
      • Dec 2012

Well, a second conversaion made clear it uses a type 2 bolt. And the neck diameter is .295 and not .300. They dont seem to know much more than that. I guess the only other thing to know is what the throat design is. I am thinking its looking like a copy of a 264LBC. At 97.00 it sure is inexpensive.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Another strange thing about the Anderson chamber is they use a Type II bolt but the bolt face depth measure .135 not .136 as usual. For a few dollars more you can get a SAAMI spec barrel from J&T Diatributing.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-27-2016, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• dammitman
          Warrior
          • Dec 2012

well, they lost me. i would love to tell them they could have had a real winner if they only had requested the barrel done with just a couple specs different but i am sure i would have been met with reasons that wouldnt work or sell or whatever. its a real shame that whoever runs Anderson manufacturing didnt do more research before going down the wrong road for 6.5 Grendel barrels. a real shame. does it really cost all that much more if starting from scratch with no tooling or anything to do SAMMI grendel barrels? they did something anyways why not true SAMMI?

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Good question dammit
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• dammitman
              Warrior
              • Dec 2012

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              Another strange thing about the Anderson chamber is they use a Type II bolt but the bolt face depth measure .135 not .136 as usual. For a few dollars more you can get a SAAMI spec barrel from J&T Diatributing.

https://jtdistributing.com/store/barrels-sale.html
              nope, looks good except for the grendel II. it would be cool to find a chrome lined barrel SAMMI spec though!

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Egads- do some research, gents, ladies. Only Sammie spec is recognized. None other! Shitburds can fly away ! Bye Bye ! OMG !!!!!!! who are you messed up people !? Any chance upon intelligence ??????//////?//////////???????????? you monkeys from the 90's are farging - useless as hell !

I Q tests are online . Check out the results . Move it forward .
                Last edited by sneaky one; 07-28-2016, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Egads man.. Sorry, get smart.

Comment

• dammitman
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2012

Except for the offering from alexander arms, and not counting custom one by one barrels like presision firearms or lilja or kreiger, or shilen, there really isnt anyone producing SAMMI barrels in quantity is there,,,,,

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                      nope, looks good except for the grendel II. it would be cool to find a chrome lined barrel SAMMI spec though!

J&T are SAAMI chamber but their description says Type II refers to bolt type (bolt .136 bolt face depth). I'm using one of their 16" Chromemoly barrels which I believe is a Shaw barrel. J&T told me they get their bolts directly from Alexander Arms. I bought my J&T back in 2009 IIRC. The biggest downside is the 1:9 twist and carbine gas system which have been non issues for me. My 16" 1:9 twist keeps 123 grain bullets stable to 800 yards and functions great with Wolf steel cased ammo.
                      Last edited by VASCAR2; 07-28-2016, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• dammitman
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2012

well thats makes more sense. they really should make that clear in the description of the barrel. especially with all the possible differences in the 6.5 Grendel offerings out there that can really be confusing to describe to people who want to learn more about the caliber.

Comment

Working...
                        X