• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NRCash
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

Moriarti Armament

Does anyone on here have any experience with Moriarti Armaments out of Miami FL? I came across their site and found a 6.5 upper that I really like but am reluctant to spend that kind of money with a company that I am not familiar with like Midway, Brownells, or Primary Arms.

Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated.
  • ClichedUsername
    Bloodstained
    • May 2016

Unfortunately, I only have neutral feedback to offer. Their customer service was very prompt in responding to all queries I had a while trying to build a left handed 6.5 rifle. As a fan of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, the name makes me smile.
    If I may ask, which upper were you interested in?

Comment

• NRCash
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2016

Yeah, I thought it was a cool name too. I had to look through several of their products before I found any that had posted reviews. Though they do carry the appropriate dealer licenses.
      Here is the link for the upper that I am looking at https://moriartiarmaments.com/ar-15/...upper-assembly
      I've got my lower built out the way I like it and I am just looking for an interchangeable upper that carries a little more thump to it than the 5.56.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

I went to the site and took a look at the specs and for me they lost my intrest when it stated grendel type II.

And it doesnt come with a bcg or charging handle you have to pay extra for that, not sure what they use are charge for the bcg and charging handle.

My on opinion is if it dont state in writing sammi spec it isnt worth having again only my opinion.

I would look at the uppers sold by AA, PF and JP, that is where I would spend my cash at but again thats my opinion.

I dont have any experence with them so cant give a positive or negetive report, and my first comments are just my opinion on what I would do, its nice to see more companys offering the grendel but seems most dont use the sammi chamber, and that alone would drive me away from a purshase.

My own thoughts would be to build the upper and have the parts I want instead of buying.

Hope my opinion didnt come off as rude sir and that it helps you in some way.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

From the listed upper I'm not sure which reamer is used but 6.5 Grendel Type II should mean SAAMI compound throat chamber with Type II bolt or .136 bolt face depth 6.5 Grendel Bolt. This is the exact reason I hate that companies have come up with products like Grendel II chamber, Anderson Grendel 1 chamber and BHW 264 LBC Type I & Type II barrels. This just adds unnecessary confusion for the consumer. You have to read the product descriptions carefully to ascertain what your buying. If I unsure I'd call the seller and if they can't provide specific information I wouldn't spend my money on their product.

Comment

• NRCash
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2016

Not rude at all. It is honest and I appreciate that.

Comment

Working...
            X