• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ultrashock
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

New Member from CT

Hello there,

Newbie here to the 6.5 Grendel and a newbie to the AR15 as well. I live in an urban area and would like to build a light accurate as possible urban defense rifle 16" or 18"
    (I'm not opposed to learning how to hunt) . I'm stuck with a Preban lower as I live in CT. Can anyone recommend a barrel/bolt combo (I read to get a SAMMI barrel). What's the reason for side charging uppers? I'm also left handed.

Any help that would guide me through this would be greatly appreciated and thanks for sharing all your information.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

First of welcome to the horde sir.

Ok as for as barrel/bolt combo, I would look at what AA, PF, and JP have.

Side charging uppers from what I understand is so you can work the bcg without moving your head from the sight picture and to keep your movemnt down while hiding.

I hope this info helps sir.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum, my suggestion is to use ambidextrous charging handle and safety/selector in a standard forged upper with built in shell deflector and forward assist. If this rifle is going to be used for CQB I'd suggest a red dot sight or a good 1-4 or 1-6 variable power optic in a one piece mount. I also like having Back Up Iron Sights (BUIS) on self defense carbines/rifles. No self defense carbine/rifle is complete without a Tactical light and sling. I'm using Streamlight Polytach flashlights on several of my AR-15's. I also like the E-Lander 6.5 Grendel mags as sold by Alexander Arms.

Alexander Arms is selling a 16" fluted Stainless Steel barrel in 6.5 Grendel which is a great deal. If your buying a complete upper I to would suggest AA, Precission Fiearms or Lilja with SAAMI 6.5 Grendel chamber.

Comment

Working...
      X