X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IceAxe
    Warrior
    • Jan 2014

I really love the cooperation here, and so many of us benefit. I just want to say thanks!

Comment

• Glock357
      Bloodstained
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by 6.5 Grendel View Post
      Man, that would be sweet. I'll send my address to you and post the results.
      Alright, will post tomorrow!

Comment

• Glock357
        Bloodstained
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Glock357 View Post
        Alright, will post tomorrow!
        30 bullets will be on their way tomorrow morning. If you post your speeds and groups I can generate the same type of charts I posted on the previous page.
        Thanks for volunteering to do the tests!

Comment

• SG4247
          Warrior
          • Aug 2013

Shot alot of CFE 223.

Try the 120 Berger between 30.0 and 30.5 grains in .1 gr increments. Or even the 123 Amax.

Not ever had any luck with CFE over 30.6 grains using 120 class bullets.
          NRA F-Class Mid Range High Master

Comment

• Joseph5
            Warrior
            • Oct 2012

LRRPF52 has talked about using a Chronograph to establish baseline data for velocity increases as powder is increased and identifying pressure spikes/unsafe territory by velocities that depart from baseline. If you have been getting an average 25 fps increase in velocity per 0.3 grain increase in powder and then you get a 75fps jump in velocity with the next 0.3 gr increase you will know that you are in unsafe territory and it is time to go down a step and that is your max load, then do a ladder to find your accuracy node. He does a better job explaining it and has examples in his post so I would recommend using the search to find them.

Comment

• Glock357
              Bloodstained
              • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
              LRRPF52 has talked about using a Chronograph to establish baseline data for velocity increases as powder is increased and identifying pressure spikes/unsafe territory by velocities that depart from baseline. If you have been getting an average 25 fps increase in velocity per 0.3 grain increase in powder and then you get a 75fps jump in velocity with the next 0.3 gr increase you will know that you are in unsafe territory and it is time to go down a step and that is your max load, then do a ladder to find your accuracy node. He does a better job explaining it and has examples in his post so I would recommend using the search to find them.
              Thanks, LRRPF52's posts are my nighttime reading material, here and on other forums, and I try to follow his advise when I start a new load.

Comment

• Glock357
                Bloodstained
                • Jun 2016

Originally posted by SG4247 View Post
                Shot alot of CFE 223.

Try the 120 Berger between 30.0 and 30.5 grains in .1 gr increments. Or even the 123 Amax.

Not ever had any luck with CFE over 30.6 grains using 120 class bullets.
                Thanks for the tip. What kinds of groups do you get with the 123 Amax and CFE?

Comment

Working...
                X