• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pase' doble
    Unwashed
    • Jul 2016

seekins rail...

1st post. Anyone use/using a Seekins NOXS rail on their builds? My first Grendel build and wanted something.... unique and happened across it in my search. Would be a 15 on an 18" build. Opinions?
    Attached Files
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

I dont have their NOXS rail but I do have their SPV3R rail and the fit and finish is top shelf.

I have the 15 inch rail on a 18 build and love the look of it, I went with that rail because I wanted a rail that was flat on the bottom that way it would rest better when shooting from my deerstands.

Looking at the NOXS rail I might change out to it because I belive its a lil lighter then the SP3VR rail.

Look through my past post you should be able to find a pic of my grendel.

Hope this info helps sir.

Comment

• Jakal
      Warrior
      • May 2014

I just put one on this...
      Here is my new build. Going to try XBR/100grn TTSX for initial load development. Called Barnes about minimum opening velocity for the TTSX. They stated around 2000 fps. The 458 caliber TTSX opens down to 1100 fps. Would there be a better bullet to use that opens at a lower speed? Ballistics shows about 240 yard

Looks like your picture is a flat base and mlok. Mine is a round style keymod. Bit of a difference.
      Last edited by Jakal; 08-11-2016, 02:05 AM.
      ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

Jakal, Im not sure Im following you when you say yours is round style keymod.

I went checked the pics of both the keymod and mlok NOXS on their site and best I can tell they are both flat on the bottom just like the SPV3R rail that I have on my grendel.

I might be having a blond moment as well so please forgive me.

Comment

• Jakal
          Warrior
          • May 2014

I just looked it up on Seekins site and looked at mine again. The picture looks like a flat based handguard. After going to Seekins and comparing, the NOXs is round not flat based like the SP3RV3 (have that one on my 300 BLK). Look at the very last picture on their page for the NOXs.
          I have standardized on keymod handrails. Both mlok and keymod are offered.

This rail is lighter than the SP3RV3. I think it would balance out well if you do not have a heavy stock on an 18" barrel.

Is this a carry build or a rest/bag build?
          Last edited by Jakal; 08-11-2016, 02:15 AM.
          ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• pase' doble
            Unwashed
            • Jul 2016

Huh. Well I intended to order the flat based rail.... it's arriving today but I'm off to the north woods this weekend to work on my new house so I won't know until Monday. I'll send in a photo. As for what the rifle will be used for, it will be a rifle for the Big Woods in Northern Maine. I hunt most often in Southern/Western Maine and it's pretty up close hunting, I use a 10" 300BLK both suppressed and not. I shot a deer a few seasons ago at a distance of 8'. Yeah, 8'. I literally didn't even aim, just pointed the rifle at his shoulder. I don't know who jumped who but I know both of us jumped. Up north there are long open tracts(old clear cuts) mixed in with pretty dense forest. 300BLK is just not the rifle for the open clear cuts. I've passed on some nice bucks that were just a bit too far away. Sooo, I think that means a carry gun in a long winded, convoluted answer.

Comment

• ccasanova
              Warrior
              • Mar 2016

I have the 15" spv3r on my precision rifle and love it. Bought a new fde one today for $95.

Looks like they changed up the barrel nut on the new model. I'll need one on my lightweight hunting build if I ever choose a barrel.

Comment

• Buster
                Warrior
                • Mar 2012

I have one of the NOX rails. I like it and it is very light-weight.
                Just a word of caution, it may have to be fitted to some billet receivers. I had to fit mine to a Battle Arms Development billet upper.

Comment

• kmon
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2015

SPV3R on mine and no plans to change.

Comment

• pase' doble
                    Unwashed
                    • Jul 2016

received noxs rail

Finally had some time... received my noxs rail and it is in fact oblong. Crap!... Then I lego-ed the upper together and I thought it actually looked great. It's very light and I have a stainless barrel so it has found a home. A few more parts and good to go.
                    I guess the flat bottom rail will go on the next build. Tried getting pics but had to resize and it came out blurry.... Anyway...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by pase' doble; 08-31-2016, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2011

Let us know how your 6.5 Grendel shoots after you get it all together. Looks very good so far!

Comment

• pase' doble
                        Unwashed
                        • Jul 2016

Will do. Thx.

Comment

• 82HALO
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

I was looking at one of these for my build also, but, was little concerned about the open slots on the top! After the barrel heats up how much distortion will be seen through a scope or sights?

Comment

• pase' doble
                            Unwashed
                            • Jul 2016

Hmmm, never thought about that. I suppose if you plan to put a bunch of rounds through quickly it may have an effect. I tried to purpose this rifle for longer range shots that probably wouldn't come right on top of one another. Good Q though. On my 556 and 300BLK, almost all the time I put lots of rounds through on top of one another I do see some mirage even though I'm just using Aimpoint's..

Comment

Working...
                            X