X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

Odin the one for the Grendel. They really work very good and plus you can tweak them yourself and do not require any crush anything nor tuning. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Kilco
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
      Odin the one for the Grendel. They really work very good and plus you can tweak them yourself and do not require any crush anything nor tuning. BANG BANG!!
      +1

Comment

• Brandi
        Bloodstained
        • Aug 2014

Which is the best at reducing muzzle rise? I'm less interested in flash suppression or noise and more concerned with the least upset to sight picture after each shot.

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Precision rifle website has a good writeup of 6mm, 6.5mm and 308 muzzle breaks and measured recoil/ muzzle rise.
          These are the in-depth, data-driven field tests. These original studies are conducted with the intent to publish the most objective data possible gathered from an independent source through a pragmatic approach.

Lots of good reading and several choices for you.
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Brandi View Post
            Which is the best at reducing muzzle rise? I'm less interested in flash suppression or noise and more concerned with the least upset to sight picture after each shot.
            Odin, surprisingly these do not produce a lot of noise like most muzzle brakes and they let you stay on target. There are a lot out there just like most parts you are going to have to try one or two and find the one you like. ODIN!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Bradpierson26
              Bloodstained
              • Oct 2016

Surefire two port brakes are extremely effective but very brutal
              Anything that doesn't require a tax stamp is the wrong answer though

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

I was very lucky and scored the last two vg6 65 brakes Monmouth had for about 50% off.. they might still have more in the common .223/.308 sizes if you are interested.
                From what I've read the VG6 and Odin are both wuute good. I think the Odin is lighter if that matters. I'm like you, shopping for that pure performance.

Of course... There's always the thread protector quite a few people just rock those and let the accuracy of the barrel shine truest. I think I'm going to get 4 or so of those as well. Good luck ;P

Word to the wise Midway got in a shipment of the Alexander Arms E-lander mags. Get em while they're hot!
                That's ALMOST no wait time for those of you who have had to suffer the wait...
                Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 09-20-2017, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Bradpierson26 View Post
                  Anything that doesn't require a tax stamp is the wrong answer though
                  This is incorrect.. this is what they WANT YOU to think. The correct logic is WHY SHOULD I NEED ONE? hopefully changes are coming to that tune.

Comment

• hdrolling
                    Bloodstained
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                    I was very lucky and scored the last two vg6 65 brakes Monmouth had for about 50% off.. they might still have more in the common .223/.308 sizes if you are interested.
                    From what I've read the VG6 and Odin are both wuute good. I think the Odin is lighter if that matters. I'm like you, shopping for that pure performance.
                    I ordered one of the VG6 GAMMA 65 today for $60 shipped free, I'll have mine by Fri. Somehow I think it will beat my barrel here......so the estimate I read while going through the threads was a week or two after the 12" barrels made it out so I have a good feeling the 20's are soon to follow.
                    Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Originally posted by hdrolling View Post
                      While were waiting, I'm curious what 5/8 x 24 muzzle device you guys plan to use?
                      I'll leave mine unmuzzled... at first.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

U P D A T E : Phoned Nathan and he says these 20s are about 1-1/2 weeks out.
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• win.308stealth
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2015

I have a dilemma also. Which suppressor do I put on my Grendel? YHM direct thread titanium 30, or my Liberty mystic x 9? Decisions, decisions......

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by win.308stealth View Post
                            I have a dilemma also. Which suppressor do I put on my Grendel? YHM direct thread titanium 30, or my Liberty mystic x 9? Decisions, decisions......
                            Don't you just move them around to whichever gun needs shooting?

Comment

• howl
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

These updates, man. Normally I just forget about things and am surprised when they show up one day. ("What is this? I don't remember ordering anything....... Sweet!) This thread has me checking it everyday! And the barrel isn't even for me!

....thanks for the update.

Comment

• win.308stealth
                                Bloodstained
                                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                                Don't you just move them around to whichever gun needs shooting?
                                Oh, I know. I'm just bragging that I have two of them!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X