• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Essayons
    Unwashed
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
    I just looked at the firing pin on my Brownells 6.5G BCG. It has a groove around the raised bump.
    I looked at another 5.56 firing pin and it is smooth. I don't know if that indicates it is short.
    The grooved firing pin that came with my Brownells BCG looks just like the (short) one in VASCAR2's link, above: https://i.imgur.com/OFfXHVy.jpg.

Comment

• Clarence
      Bloodstained
      • Dec 2015

Any possibility of another 20" group buy? I'd take the same profile as the earlier buy, but would really prefer an HBAR configuration.

Clarence

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Yes, we will do a 20" buy again, but they will be same medium-light profile as before.
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 243chris
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2017

Last edited by 243chris; 12-31-2017, 04:29 AM. Reason: Correction

Comment

• hdrolling
            Bloodstained
            • Aug 2017

Anyone else having a lot of surface rust with their barrel? Pulled all 7 of my AR's today to check them out before I hit the range this weekend and my Faxon barrel is covered with rust, I'll just have to pull the handguard off to clean it up but is this normal with this type of barrel coating? None of my older barrels had any rust and none of my rifles have been in the rain.

Not worried about it but was surprised since this is one of my newer builds.
            Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• bj139
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2017

I just checked my 20" group buy barrel and it is rust free. The barrel surface is dry (not oiled) and it was stored in a closet inside the house.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Should not be. Email me some pix and I'll forward to Faxon.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• hdrolling
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2017

Here are a couple pics, I don't want to mess with removing the handguard tonight.

IMG_9284 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
                  IMG_9285 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
                  Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2017

Mine came WITH rust... It's been in the safe a while now I'll pull mine out and double check...

Comment

• Tazman976
                      Unwashed
                      • Apr 2017

I just checked mine since it has been sitting since arrival waiting for parts to be assembled. Still rust free.

Here it is with the triprong flash hider
                      Faxon triprong 001 by , on Flickr
                      Last edited by Tazman976; 01-13-2018, 05:01 AM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

My two are still rust free. As well as my two 12"ers. Although i pulled out my two BCA 20" barrels and the extension is absolutely blown up with white corrosion. It has to be from some salts used. Im taking a wild guess and saying it's from the Salt Bath Nitriding process and improper cleaning betweem processes. Mines almost pure white though not brown like yours.
                        Sorry to see this. I clean inspect and lube the tubes when i receive them and put them away for later builds being near the puget sound im always worried about stuff like this.
                        Thanks for posting the pics HD, sorry to hear this. and tazman nice to see the tri prong.

Comment

• Slappy
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2014

Wanted to report that the 20 inch Faxon build shoots sub MOA, it is a very accurate rifle!! Did noticed some of the coating had come off from just putting my rifle in the wood gun rack at the range. Didn't slam it in there or anything the rifle was just sat into the rack and noticed what looked like just little spots of where the coating had come off?? Other than that rifle worked great and the barrel is a shooter!! At some point might have to Wahlberg the barrel if it gets bad!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                            Wanted to report that the 20 inch Faxon build shoots sub MOA, it is a very accurate rifle!! Did noticed some of the coating had come off from just putting my rifle in the wood gun rack at the range. Didn't slam it in there or anything the rifle was just sat into the rack and noticed what looked like just little spots of where the coating had come off?? Other than that rifle worked great and the barrel is a shooter!! At some point might have to Wahlberg the barrel if it gets bad!! BANG BANG!!
                            Wow, that's strange since nitriding is a surface treatment, not a coating...
                            DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Nitriding is a surface treatment, and actually leaves the surface looking blotchy, so then what they typically do is black oxide it — if I understand the process correctly.

Comment

• AZHTfreak
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2017

Aha, proves yet again I know just enough to be dangerous...
                                DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

Working...
                                X