X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ar15eric
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2016

I'm looking to buy a Grendel barrel within the next 3-4 weeks so this might work out great. I know you say you don't have an ETA, but what have you seen in the past for these group buys?

Also, what bolts would be compatible with this barrel?

Comment

• llucas
      Unwashed
      • Aug 2016

Any chance they would do cut rifling instead of button for the same price?

Comment

• llucas
        Unwashed
        • Aug 2016

The question of "which bolt" is an important one.

Comment

• llucas
          Unwashed
          • Aug 2016

Have you thought of approaching Shilen, Krieger or Lilja for a group purchase? Better rifling available. Fifty barrels is a lot of pull. For Lilja the Maxim bolt is available. Just a thought.
          Last edited by llucas; 08-26-2016, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by ar15eric View Post
            I'm looking to buy a Grendel barrel within the next 3-4 weeks so this might work out great. I know you say you don't have an ETA, but what have you seen in the past for these group buys?

Also, what bolts would be compatible with this barrel?
            The last one took a year. and a .136 bolt . BANG BANG!!

Could go quicker if all the barrels get ordered!

Comment

• IceAxe
              Warrior
              • Jan 2014

I wonder if there is any chance of Faxon including their Sinusoidal bolt and extension with a group order and additionally how many would be interested? That should add a lot of strength to the bolt. I recognize there would be development cost but if the interest was high enough....well a fella can dream....all those radius...

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Faxon specializes in button-rifling and doesn't do cut rifling.

For these group buys, we wanted to offer the forum something cool and unique (all-weather nitride treatment, field-grade barrels, 5R rifling, great price), and Faxon — with their great reputation and customer service — is the one to do it. Other excellent barrels are already available from the other manufacturers, but that wasn't our vision with this project.

Any bolt designed to the standard 0.136" boltface depth will work. This assumes your barrel-bolt lock-up is properly verified with the appropriate headspace gauges as a vital safety check for your build.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

IceAxe, a bolt from Faxon, as well, sounds cool. Got a link?

At any rate, you can't go wrong, either, with a bolt from Alexander Arms. I know the amount of clever engineering Bill put into it and it's top-notch.

Matter of fact, while we're on the subject of bolts, did you notice lately the industry moving toward using 9310 steel in their bolts? Wanna know who started that craze? That's right. Started right here years ago in the 6.5 Grendel world with Bill Alexander and his .50 Beowulf/6.5 Grendel bolts.

And finally, for all these builds, AA parts are top-notch. Even his gas tubes are not your run-of-the-mill gas tubes.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

Comment

• Slappy
                    Warrior
                    • Feb 2014

Alright you sold me!! OH wait I am on the books for one already!! Better mark me down for another!!!!

That makes 2!!! BANG BANG!!

Barrel Counter:2
                    Last edited by Slappy; 08-26-2016, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• IceAxe
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                      IceAxe, a bolt from Faxon, as well, sounds cool. Got a link?

At any rate, you can't go wrong, either, with a bolt from Alexander Arms. I know the amount of clever engineering Bill put into it and it's top-notch.

Matter of fact, while we're on the subject of bolts, did you notice lately the industry moving toward using 9310 steel in their bolts? Wanna know who started that craze? That's right. Started right here years ago in the 6.5 Grendel world with Bill Alexander and his .50 Beowulf/6.5 Grendel bolts.

And finally, for all these builds, AA parts are top-notch. Even his gas tubes are not your run-of-the-mill gas tubes.
                      I couldn't find a link but here is a picture I downloaded a while back. Either way I am in for a barrel.

BTW I used a Sinusoidal bolt on my 450 Bushmaster build and am glad I did. They have a lot of strength without so many stress risers.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

I've added a running tally of group buy participants to my first post on the first page.

Here's to the Grendelization of America!

Comment

• IceAxe
                          Warrior
                          • Jan 2014

BFT, I sent my check off the other day with the form via snail mail.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                            Administrator
                            • Feb 2011

Ice, got it!

Comment

• ar15eric
                              Unwashed
                              • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                              The last one took a year. and a .136 bolt . BANG BANG!!

Could go quicker if all the barrels get ordered!
                              Hmm. I read the 16" group group buy and saw that. I think that is way too much time for me to wait and there is too much uncertainty in the political world to hold off that long.

Comment

• 82HALO
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2015

Been away for a while, but, have now started my build! I would love one of these, have exact same barrel on my .308 and it's a tack driver!
                                Don't know if I can wait a whole year for these though! Would love one of those bolts too!

Comment

Working...
                                X