• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bradpierson26
    Bloodstained
    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by win.308stealth View Post
    Best thing about suppressors for me is the fact I do t need to wear ear protection. I still wear ear protection of I'm doing a prolonged shooting session, especially with my .300 RUM. And yes it acts like a really good muzzle brake. AAAAANNNNDDDD, looks COOL!!!!
    Maybe rimfire on a bolt gun but on centerfire guns you'll still be damaging your ears.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
      Warrior
      • Mar 2015

Shoot a single shot subsonic 300 blk you don't need ear pro for tbat. But going by the book you need ear pro to work the action of an ar if I remember correctly.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Man I'm getting pretty anxious at this point everything seems to be taking three times longer than quotes. I understand when the buy in is going the timeframe is undetermined. Its just hard to get over the same answers about production time/status every time. I thought they said ALL the Grendel barrels would be pushed through together since they had to remake them for the recall.

My pants have a growing ant problem..

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
          Man I'm getting pretty anxious at this point everything seems to be taking three times longer than quotes. I understand when the buy in is going the timeframe is undetermined. Its just hard to get over the same answers about production time/status every time. I thought they said ALL the Grendel barrels would be pushed through together since they had to remake them for the recall.

My pants have a growing ant problem..
          Agree... this was posted back on July 16th (well over 2 months ago):

"The 20" Group Buy and 12.5" replacement barrels are all now out to nitride. At fastest speed, they are back at Faxon this coming Thursday and shipping by the 4th after laser engraving, QC checks, packaging, etc."

Then this update means barrels should ship at the end of THIS COMING WEEK (not holding my breath):

U P D A T E : Phoned Nathan and he says these 20s are about 1-1/2 weeks out.

Something's up... lack of priority for the order, lack of manpower to get it done, problem(s) with the barrels discovered, something... my last group buy with Faxon for sure.
          Last edited by Bowhntr6pt; 09-24-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

I would rather have an accurate estimate that is 6 months from now than a "they will be shipping out next week".
            Honesty is the best poilicy. Where have I heard that before?

Comment

• Brandi
              Bloodstained
              • Aug 2014

I'm not concerned, I figured early on that the time estimates given by Faxon were more of a best case scenario than anything. They will be ready when they're ready. That said, I'd much rather companies gave honest answers instead of placating buyers with unrealistic estimates. Much better to just say "it's too early to give an exact date, likely sometime in the next 2 months" or some such thing. On the other side of the coin there are always a lot of people who will complain about that so whatcha gonna do?

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
                Warrior
                • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Brandi View Post
                I'm not concerned, I figured early on that the time estimates given by Faxon were more of a best case scenario than anything. They will be ready when they're ready. That said, I'd much rather companies gave honest answers instead of placating buyers with unrealistic estimates. Much better to just say "it's too early to give an exact date, likely sometime in the next 2 months" or some such thing. On the other side of the coin there are always a lot of people who will complain about that so whatcha gonna do?
                I'm not "concerned" either... as I'm sure SOME DAY I'll either get a barrel or my $$ back. I think the dissatisfaction with this specific GB is more than reasonable and falls well short of just complaining.

It does not take 2 1/2 months to do what was indicated back in July unless there is a product, labor, or motivation issue... several times I was about to pull the trigger on the 18" GB, glad I didn't... I'm going with AA for my 18" barrel wants.

Comment

• hdrolling
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2017

Soooo, while were waiting I put a new dust cover on. Thoughts?

IMG_8998 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
                  IMG_8999 by hd_rolling, on Flickr
                  Retired Army Airborne Infantry

Comment

• Troutguide
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

in need!
                    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                      Administrator
                      • Feb 2011

U P D A T E : They're HEEERE!! Got home from work today and found these waiting. Will get to work boxing and labeling!
                      Attached Files
                      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 1trusted1
                        Unwashed
                        • Mar 2017

Sweeeet!

I already had a desert trip scheduled for next Sunday to shoot steel at distance with my Satern 18" and hand loaded some XBR 26 & 27gr with Nosler 123gr HPBT for testing.

If it all works out, I might be able to compare the two or at least get some rounds down range through it!

Thanks again for the efforts BFT.

Comment

• howl
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

Nice. Now maybe my wife will stop bellyaching about how her rifle isn't done. Pfft! Women and their guns.

Comment

• Earl Keese
                            Bloodstained
                            • Apr 2017

Awesome news! Thanks BFT!

Comment

• bigdaddyflo
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2016

That is the best news I've heard all week - and it's only Monday!

Comment

• Bradpierson26
                                Bloodstained
                                • Oct 2016

Woohoo! Finally

Comment

Working...
                                X