X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RNRoad
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

Which gas block is the Horde using on this 20 inch Faxon build? I bought a JBO adjustable but am having second thoughts since the Faxon gas block is a three screw configuration.

Will these barrels come pre-dimpled?

Comment

• Coqui
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2017

BFT thanks for the hard work. Form sent via email. PayPal heading over tonight.

Comment

• 65Whelen
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Email sent, PayPal also sent w/funds for second barrel

Comment

• Brandi
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by RNRoad View Post
          Which gas block is the Horde using on this 20 inch Faxon build? I bought a JBO adjustable but am having second thoughts since the Faxon gas block is a three screw configuration.

Will these barrels come pre-dimpled?
          That's a good question. Curious about that too.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
            Warrior
            • Mar 2015

I have a spare jp adustable has block I'll be running.

Comment

• howl
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

I got a Faxon ultra low profile. It will be exposed on the build so I wanted it to match. It's pretty light and this is a light build, so... Anyhow, my unqualified opinion is that unless you need an adjustable for some known purpose pretty much any old will do.

Comment

• Slappy
                Warrior
                • Feb 2014

Titanium Gas block from Primary Arms with a Aero melonited gas tube. They fit together very good, snug, and work!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Barrels NOT pre-dimpled.

Awhile ago, I was convinced by an article by, oh, what's his name? — Robert Whitley — that a clamp-on style gas block generates more even force around the barrel and is thus "better." Maybe only 0.001% better — who knows? — but I use the Vltor clamp-ons.
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bsshooter
                    Unwashed
                    • Jun 2017

PayPal and email sent

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

Midway has an AR-Stoner clamp on gas block for $30.

I just sent a Paypal and email for the 20" barrel. I just bought a used SWFA 20X scope and need a Grendel to go with it.
                      Last edited by bj139; 07-28-2017, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• motoxxx_ryder
                        Warrior
                        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                        Midway has an AR-Stoner clamp on gas block for $30.

I just sent a Paypal and email for the 20" barrel. I just bought a used SWFA 20X scope and need a Grendel to go with it.
                        don't you hate that. oh look I have a rollpin better build an ar haha haha.

I've done that once usually I just buy 5 or 6 lowers when they are on sale for 40 or 5p bucks as blend and build constantly haha

Comment

• Brandi
                          Bloodstained
                          • Aug 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                          Barrels NOT pre-dimpled.

Awhile ago, I was convinced by an article by, oh, what's his name? — Robert Whitley — that a clamp-on style gas block generates more even force around the barrel and is thus "better." Maybe only 0.001% better — who knows? — but I use the Vltor clamp-ons.
                          Good to know, thanks!

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by motoxxx_ryder View Post
                            don't you hate that. oh look I have a rollpin better build an ar haha haha.

I've done that once usually I just buy 5 or 6 lowers when they are on sale for 40 or 5p bucks as blend and build constantly haha
                            I better never buy a bag of rollpins or I will be in trouble. Good to know. I have two 80% lowers I have to mill out next. I guess it is a constant struggle.

Comment

• Ditcher
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

That's kind of what i gather with some of the builds I have done. The clamp on was more solid then the set screw gas block. I also had issues with some set screw types. I will always run a clamp on if I can.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2016

Just got back from triggrcon, one of the more reputable vendors had a set screw gas block and I said I wanted clamp on he said they didn't seal as good as the set screw ones. I laughed and walked away. I won't buy any more of their products. The master of arms stuff looked AMAZING! has anyone tried one of their adjustable gas blocks. Those things were super compact, light weight, and sexy looking.
                                They are the same price as the slr ones on sale though. $150ish.

Faxon was also there I saw their new fluted Grendel barrels. I think I like the GB custom profile just a tad better. They said "the 12's and 20's should be done in a couple weeks. It wasn't Nathan but two other reps. The one was their marketing man. They were very honest about everything. I mentioned slow mo video of similar barrels with different profiles showing barrel whip for comparison he seemed to like that idea.

I'm kind of a nerd, I like to study such things even if the don't really impact real world functionality.

Ballistics advantage had a barrel with a profile that looked almost exactly like what these will be and they look decent. But they weren't melonited. I think BFT really hit a grand slam with this combo. Now I'm kinda glad he even went with 416 instead of 4150 now that I have a couple cheap beater sticks in 4150.

The whole industry seems to be going to 5R lately.

I think I'll head back again tomorrow I have me sig to win! And maybe bring home a fostech echo or a few bootleg BCG's or bobro sights. IDK. My shortlist is pretty short now. I wish odin was there was well as rifle dynamics was supposed to be there.
                                Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 08-05-2017, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X