X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 243chris
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2017

Check is going out tomorrow. I couldn't get the PDF to attach to the PayPal, so I'll do it the old fashioned way.

243Chris

Comment

• sk8inrj1
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2017

Would these barrels fall into Faxon's new match series?

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
        Warrior
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by sk8inrj1 View Post
        IDK but that would be kinda cool. Although for this VERY specific application I think I'd prefer the standard QPQ extension. Just in case I (we) have to enlarge the feed ramps I'd rather have a coating that less likely (impossible) to flake off if compromised. But it sounds like that's basically what we are getting anyway. I much prefer NP3 /NTFE to nickel boron.
        They did say they would include a surprise for the 12" GB rerun. I for one am eager to find out what it is.

On a side note just for visibility to others I sent payment for one already and two flash hiders. And I'll be sending payment for my second 20" barrel in the next week.

(I can hear Slappy in my head "bang bang" )
        Last edited by The Profit Joseph Sith; 06-17-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sk8inrj1 View Post
          Haven't seen Faxon's match barrels, but Faxon will also be using 5R as we do here. We take it one step further by offering 5R-EE, which stands for Easy Engraving, which means the lands are reduced for less engraving friction.

Also, our profile includes a "bull barrel" section surrounding the chamber which reduces barrel whip — without significantly affecting handling characteristics — so that our 20" barrel behaves more like a 16" (shorter barrels whip less, all things being equal).
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• 65Whelen
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Any projected date of delivery? No pressure, just wondering. I try not to wonder to far, I get lost easily.

Comment

• 243chris
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2017

My check has cleared and now the hardest part... waiting! I still have a few other parts to go, but this is the big one. Still debating on a featureless stock and flash suppressor, oops I mean muzzlebrake. Yes, I know there is a difference, but here in Kalifornia the idiot politicians don't. Oh yeah, almost forgot the aquatic grip, the one with the fin; that will make everything much safer.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                Warrior
                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by 243chris View Post
                My check has cleared and now the hardest part... waiting! I still have a few other parts to go, but this is the big one. Still debating on a featureless stock and flash suppressor, oops I mean muzzlebrake. Yes, I know there is a difference, but here in Kalifornia the idiot politicians don't. Oh yeah, almost forgot the aquatic grip, the one with the fin; that will make everything much safer.
                Omg... It sounds like living in a cult.. do you have to wear orange safety vests if you conceal carry yet? Since they allow people down there to vote with no proof of residency we should all just go down every election and throw the polls. Our brothers are suffering!

Comment

• 243chris
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2017

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                  Omg... It sounds like living in a cult.. do you have to wear orange safety vests if you conceal carry yet? Since they allow people down there to vote with no proof of residency we should all just go down every election and throw the polls. Our brothers are suffering!
                  Don't bother, we have too many dead people voting.

Does anybody have any ideas for adjustable gas blocks? Clamp on or Set Screw? I'm leaning towards a Superlative Arms gas block... Is this barrel designed for one type or the other?

Comment

• sk8inrj1
                    Unwashed
                    • Apr 2017

My opinion is that a clamp on gas block has better sealing against the barrel.

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2017

I'm on the fence... knowing a rough estimated delivery date would help.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2016

Rough estimate del. Date should be soon! Faxon is ramping up to offer Grendel barrels and the new match series as a standard offering..

.243 most people here Highly reccomend the SLR adj. Gas blocks. And they almost all prefer clamp on style because it seals better and even "bedded" with loctite for optimal gas seal. SLR just had them on sale for the 4th for $152.

Comment

• 243chris
                          Bloodstained
                          • Mar 2017

SLR Adjustable gas block

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post

.243 most people here Highly recommend the SLR adj. Gas blocks. And they almost all prefer clamp on style because it seals better and even "bedded" with loctite for optimal gas seal. SLR just had them on sale for the 4th for $152.
                          Profit Sith - SLR blocks are still on sale; is Titanium worth the extra $50?
                          Last edited by 243chris; 07-08-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by 243chris View Post
                            Profit Sith - SLR blocks are still on sale; is Titanium worth the extra $50?
                            Well that's kinda hard to say.. it really depends on you and how much you value $50 vs. weight savings and a really durable material that doesn't really corrode. 6AL-4V Ti weighs twice as much as aluminum, and is roughly twice the strength of steel. It's what they make chlorine pumps out of and use for implants because it is inherintly non corrosive and so durable.

I'm trying to build some light weight rifles so for me yeah it would be worth it. But I could only afford them on sale. Hopefully this helps. And hopefully they are still on sale.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                              Administrator
                              • Feb 2011

Heard from Nathan yesterday and these are in production, along with the Faxon 12 "Monster" SBR barrels. He estimates about two weeks.
                              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Slappy
                                Warrior
                                • Feb 2014

I done did it!! Ordered a complete Billet upper and lower from Mark at Precision Firearms with the neat stuff in/on it. I also had him Cerakote this one again in FDE and Sand and told him he had free rein as to how it would turn out (the last one he did in a 24 inch looked great). I am sure the barrels will be coming right fast and in a hurry!! This being my last one it is not going to be complete the day I get the barrel, it will be added to the Grendel collection at some point. With a 20 inch Faxon barrel and a nice billet set from Mark it is going to be a shooter!!!! BANG BANG!!

TPJS I really gave it some thought about ordering a second barrel but this is my last one so putting the money into a rock solid shooter and calling it good!!

BFT^^^^^ I just had that feeling!! No NOT REALLY! but that is funny you posted that right before me!! Hope all is well. Ken

Added to the build a Rifle length Melonited gas tube from Aero.
                                Luth-AR MBA-1 FDE and ordered their tube, Thanks to brian y
                                Last edited by Slappy; 07-15-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X