• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

3 Future Grendels!! BANG BANG BANG!!

All three are the Aero Precision ambi lowers with Aero uppers, 2 of them have the Norgon ambi mag release one basic, all three Ergo oversized FDE grips, 3 Titanium gas blocks, 2 Melonite gas tubes one stainless, 2 will have the JP Silent Capture Spring one Mil SPec buffer and spring, 1 Aero trigger, one with the G2S, one with the SD3G trigger, All three with the Hogue butt stocks FDE, 2 with the Carbon Fiber hand guards and one with the Odin O2 Lite hand guard, 2 NiB BCGs and Black BCG (from Precision Firearms) Waiting on Charging handles, and all three will have the FDE Bad Ass ambi selectors, 2 with the titanium forward assist knob one with mil spec, 2 with FDE plastic adjustable dust covers one with mil spec, 3 16 inch barrels, some type of muzzle device (yet to be determined), 2 with Troy oversized trigger guards one with mil spec, and that is about it for now!! BANG BANG!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Slappy; 08-18-2016, 10:09 PM.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

So the uppers came in FDE?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

Yes they have uppers now in FDE from Aero or I should say they did have? On a side note I bought two of their Melonite gas tubes and these were the easiest gas tubes I have ever worked with they went in and stayed in the gas block and did not turn nor spin which made it easy to pin them in the gas blocks. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Fortune has smiled upon you, Slappy. Are you gifting one or two of these or are you preparing for life after the election?
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
          Fortune has smiled upon you, Slappy. Are you gifting one or two of these or are you preparing for life after the election?
          That's funny. I/we should be I am afraid. The FDE one MINE!!!, Black one is for a friend and the black/FDE one is the BIL. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• schrödinger's cat
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2015

Looks great !

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

You need these:

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• biodsl
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                You need these
                LOL! If anyone does, I'd say it's Slappy. Three or so should do it.
                Paul Peloquin

Comment

• Slappy
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2014

IMG_1678.JPGHere is #1 of three. The barrel fits very well in the Aero Precision upper. BANG BANG!!

This is the lightest rifle I have ever picked up. If no rain/storms in the AM at the range we go!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• biodsl
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8135[/ATTACH]Here is #1 of three. The barrel fits very well in the Aero Precision upper. BANG BANG!!

This is the lightest rifle I have ever picked up. If no rain/storms in the AM at the range we go!! BANG BANG!!
                    The barrel is the Faxon group buy barrel? POW! POW!
                    Paul Peloquin

Comment

• Slappy
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2014

Yes sir. FAXON group buy. I changed a couple things on this one. Mil spec trigger and guard, and regular buffer and spring, and mod 3 charging handle and no plastic door on this one either. Oh ya I like the ease of the O2 :ite hand guard I put one on here too. BANG BANG!!
                      Last edited by Slappy; 09-24-2016, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• Kilco
                        Chieftain
                        • Jan 2016

I am seething with jeleousy

Comment

• Slappy
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2014

IMG_1680.JPG#2 mine!!! FAXON barrel group buy! Bang bang!!

Go/no go Guages ran through and all checked out there. Jacked a round or two into it and all looked and worked great. The gas block the best I could tell with my bad eyes and a micrometer is that gas block at least the Titanium one I put on both rifle ran up against the ridge, now let us hope I got the up and down corectly????. One thing I did or in this case did not notice is operating the charging handle and moving the BCG is that there were no wear marks inside the feed ramps or anywhere in fact less than usual. Things went together very well the fit was tight and everything lined up perfectly. My hands and eye are not 25 yr old anymore so I do what I can and take a bit more time these days getting something done. Was surprised how well everything went together. Range in the AM so I will take some pictures of the target if things operate well. BANG BANG!!!!!!!!
                          Last edited by Slappy; 09-24-2016, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Redomen
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

Very nice!

Comment

• jim_bob
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2014

Nice builds Slappy! Looking forward to some groups.

Comment

Working...
                              X