Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Wow, 3 New Grendel
    You are fortunate

Comment

• Slappy
      Warrior
      • Feb 2014

WE are on stand-by due to rain delay!!! BANG BANG!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Slappy you don't waste no time!

I would have liked to see how the gas tube looks in relation to the "bull chamber" section, without the handguard. If you think of it on the next build, maybe take a picture of it?
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

According to the meter and my abilities it was right up against it, and in checking everything else out like the placement into the upper and into the key it all lined up and seems to be in place. Those O2 Lite hand-guards are very easy to take off and I do have just one set of those plastic pins and out of that set only one fits into the the gas hole in the rifle so I tried it without using them. I am fairly confident I have teh front back in line I do not know about the left right if that makes any sense. Its killin me that they are just sitting here and it is pouring rain at the range. Now I have to wait till Wednesday when the range opens again to go. So I have 2 more days of waiting to find out. I have my fingers crossed. If someone come up with something different please post it so I/we can see what is what?? BANG BANG!!

Comment

• Slappy
            Warrior
            • Feb 2014

IMG_1685.JPGRange Report. Could not stand it so jetted over there and shot in between rain storms. FDE rifle cycles and shoots great, black one shoots great but does not cycle. The FDE has a JP Scapture Spring in it and is a heck of a lot smoother. The black one regular buffer and spring and it is a clangy noisy thing compared to the JPSCS. I will take the black gas block down and pin it with the positioning plastic pins and call it good and put a JPSCS in that one also and the problem should and will be solved. Now mind you in a hurry with a 4x16x44 non expensive scope firing as fast as I can between down pours. These little rifles are very accurate and will get better when I get some more rounds down the tubes. SO,,,,,,,,, Bottom left of the bullseye is the FDE one fully functional at 100 yards. Bottom right of the page is the black one single shooten it at 50. Tried to adjust the block but no difference and I should have put the JPSCS in the black one but was in a hurry and thankful that everything worked great and I did not blow my self up!!! Lined the black one up just like I did the FDE so I am thinking it is the buffer and regular spring but will use the pin in it and like I said put a JPSCS in that one also. Those are just way way so much smoother and do not bang the shoulder so much. BANG BANG!!

Already realigned the GB and it went back to where I had it so it is good to go with the addition of the JPSCS system to it. Makes a heck of a difference.
            Last edited by Slappy; 09-25-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• Slappy
              Warrior
              • Feb 2014

joe1.jpegGrendel #3 is the BIL 16 inch Faxon Grendel. He finally made it over. I had him finish it as I kept an eye on him.

Aero upper and ambi lower, carbon fiber hand guard, G2S trigger, Titanium gas block, melonite gas tube from Aero, Titanium forward assist, NiB BCG from Precision Firearms, Hogue buttstock, pistol grip by Ergo, Norgon ambi mag release, Badass ambi selector, and JPSCS. That is about it. Nice lite rifle. Hope he gets out today and fires it!! BANG BANG!!
              Last edited by Slappy; 11-03-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• jim_bob
                Warrior
                • Jul 2014

I like those fat ergo grips! Nice blasters Slappy!

Comment

• Slappy
                  Warrior
                  • Feb 2014

Put a Leupold 1X on the one that is up for sale and went to the range. Lite weight and accurate Faxon 16 inch rifle. Last three are in the center, shooting with a 1X at 100 is not that easy!! BANG BANG!!IMG_0035.JPG

Comment

• bigdaddyflo
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                    Last three are in the center, shooting with a 1X at 100 is not that easy!! BANG BANG!![ATTACH=CONFIG]8636[/ATTACH]
                    You've got better eyes than me - I'd be lucky to hit the paper with 1X! Good shooting by the way.

Comment

• Slappy
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2014

Thermal on the Faxon barreled Grendel!!! BANG BANG!!IMG_0047.JPG

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Cool color scheme. Lookin' good!
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• am4966
                          Chieftain
                          • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8135[/ATTACH]Here is #1 of three. The barrel fits very well in the Aero Precision upper. BANG BANG!!

This is the lightest rifle I have ever picked up. If no rain/storms in the AM at the range we go!! BANG BANG!!
                          Odin makes the the O2 Lite in M-Lok finally? If so I might have to get one for my 18" build. Always liked the looks of that rail..
                          12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                          Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                          Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Slappy
                            Warrior
                            • Feb 2014

This is the start of the 20 inch Faxon group buy. Mark at Precision Firearms did the Cerakote job for me and it looks great and I finally have them now. In the very near future will attach barrel and the O2Lite from Odin and be done.IMG_0198.JPG

Billet upper and lower, Came with the G2S trigger, I put an Norgon ambi mag release on there, has an NiB carrier group, some ambi charging handle from Primary Arms that is also FDE, a plastic FDE dust cover, and an JPSCS, and the stock is a LuthAr, also a Titanium gas block with a black nitrated tube from Aero Precision and an Odin 6.5 Grendel muzzle device and the Ergo oversized over molded grip in FDE!!. BANG BANG!!
                            Last edited by Slappy; 11-20-2017, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2016

Are those Smoke Composite CF handguards? If so, how do you like them?

And I thought my ultra light build was taking a while - but its been pre-empted by some other projects, including an FDE 300 BLK truck pistol which will use a combination of spare parts lying around and everything else purchased at an average of 40% off (damn Primary Arms pre Black Friday sales!).
                              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Slappy
                                Warrior
                                • Feb 2014

I don't remember the names of those, they are not made anymore because they could not get materials. They were great, now my go tooos are the Odin O2Lites. Not not that a 20 inch rifle can be made very lite but I plain like those hand guards now. BANG BANG!!
                                Last edited by Slappy; 11-20-2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X