X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilco
    Chieftain
    • Jan 2016

I've had good success to far with the 100 TTSX.

Comment

• am4966
      Chieftain
      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Bisley View Post
      If you knew the REAL story behind what they did to CA hunters, you would (hopefully) NEVER buy another TTSX bullet again so long as you live!
      Well enlighten us, since you can't keep the juicy gossip all to yourself. Or start off by telling us who is "They"
      12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
      Surge - Rugged Suppressor
      Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Bisley
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

"They" are the ones who make the TTSX bullet. I despise using their name (barnes), so I refer them as either b....s bullets or "that bullet company that screwed us". Now I will explain why.

I know many/most of you are not from CA, so I will tell you how the lead-free law was passed since I followed it extremely close. The so-called science and research was as bad or worse than the second hand smoke research. And if you don't remember, that was so inadequate that it would have received a failing grade if it were a high school project! The lead free research is so terrible that even to this day they unlawfully refuse to release the research despite being told to to so!!! That should be your first big clue right there.

There were also other options being explored such as mandatory game bag use to keep internal organs supposedly containing lead from being consumed. Another was voluntary use of lead free to see if the idea of lead free would even have any effect on the made up lead bullet problem.

Now, here comes the nail in the coffin. Despite knowing that all the so-called fact were made up and had no factual proof, the wonderful b....s bullet company stated over and over to the state that ONLY way was with lead free bullets. Of course they were the only ones with them on the market (others were almost finished developing them). So they already lied about reports they knew were wrong solely for profit and so they could monopolize the market, but wait, it gets better. The b....s bullet company also PROMISED lead free bullets would be not only ABUNDANT, but also REASONABLY PRICED LIKE LEAD BULLETS by the time the law went into affect. YHEY LIED THROUGH THEIR TEETH!!! Not only were they way more expensive than most premium bullets, you could not even find them for several years. Many people could not hunt for years because they could nor find them to hunt with much less sight in with them. And my personal favorite, every link to every web page where they promised was deleted and now comes up with the infamous 404 can not find error code. Imagine that!

And all of this got the ball rolling for lead free everything. This year I can hunt dove and quail with lead shot, but if I jump a rabbit I can't shoot it because they have to be shot with non-toxic shot like steelnor hevi-shot. However, I can shoot rabbits with lead bullets from a rifle or pistol. Huh??? Yeah, I know. I don't get it either, but I know who pushed for it and is to blame for it.

So that is why I refuse to use b....s bullets, and suggest it to you as well. I understand lead free bullets work pretty well, but it should be a CHOICE, not a LAW. And the rest of you in other states are headed for the same boat. So when you have to use expensive lead free to shoot rabbits, dove, quail, and even pesky ground squirrels, remember who pushed for it all for $ in their pocket even though they knew all the "facts" were lies.

Comment

Working...
        X