Second Amendment backers arm up with ink & paper to battle California's 'Gunmageddon'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SHORT-N-SASSY
    Warrior
    • Apr 2013

Second Amendment backers arm up with ink & paper to battle California's 'Gunmageddon'

Second Amendment backers arm up with ink and paper to battle California's 'Gunmageddon' http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...nmageddon.html
  • Slappy
    Warrior
    • Feb 2014

What gets me is these whackos vote for something and they do not even know what they are voting for. I am speaking about the democrats and others that want to ban firearms in general. They do not even know what make up a gun let alone the correct terminology and what they do. They just jump on some wagon and do not care where it is going! BANG BANG!!

Rumor is they are wanting to ban all AR15 rifles? will not put it out there because I do not want them to get any ideas but they have no clue about that either? It is disgusting!

Comment

• Fatmatt
      Unwashed
      • Jul 2016

The new CA law is nonsensical. From the text of the law - "The bill would also define “fixed magazine” to mean an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action.". That makes zero sense. There is absolutely no way to comply with the law. If you have a gun that has a "fixed magazine" i.e. welded or molded in place, it can still be removed without "disassembly of the firearm action". A dremel is a tool just as much as a bullet is a tool. It's as if it was drafted to allow AR style rifles to continue to be legal as long as they are fitted with the new "bullet button reloaded" crap but make every other semi-auto rifle illegal. I love California and i aint leavin' anytime soon but WTF!

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

"The bill would also define “fixed magazine” to mean an ammunition feeding device contained in, or permanently attached to, a firearm in such a manner that the device cannot be removed without disassembly of the firearm action."

To me, that definition would seem to justify the use of the ar maglock. That is what several in NY have been using. The magazine cannot be removed without opening (read dis-assemble) the action. Pull the take down pin, pivot the upper assembly, release the mag.

I had one on one of my builds. It works well if there are no malfs. If you get a double feed or similar malf, it's a PITA to clear.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Not enough signature were collected to get the bills on the ballot.

So CA is stuck with these restrictive laws.

And after HRC's coronation in November. The rest of you can expect the same.

Comment

• biodsl
            Chieftain
            • Aug 2011

Death by a thousand cuts. I remember learning in college debate that the slippery slope argument was logical fallacy. Well, guess what? Incrementalism has worked perfectly over the last 100 years to achieve the progressive (read Leftist) agenda. First it was high capacity mags, now it's detachable mags. Next it will be semi-automatics. I expect Oregon will pass a 10 or even 5 round magazine limit when they meet next February. The only question is whether the facists will grandfather in existing magazines or require they be surrendered.
            Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LR1955
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Slappy View Post
              What gets me is these whackos vote for something and they do not even know what they are voting for. I am speaking about the democrats and others that want to ban firearms in general. They do not even know what make up a gun let alone the correct terminology and what they do. They just jump on some wagon and do not care where it is going! BANG BANG!!

Rumor is they are wanting to ban all AR15 rifles? will not put it out there because I do not want them to get any ideas but they have no clue about that either? It is disgusting!
              Slappy:

The legislature in California knows exactly what they are voting for. They will incrementally ban all firearms of any type. This includes primitive as well as modern, air guns, toy guns, pictures of guns, etc. It is part of their psyche and is much like a religious belief for those who are religious. It doesn't need to meet any standard of proof -- only that they believe all firearms are evil and must be removed from society.

The gun owners lost and will never recover. Soon your guns will be banned and you will have the choice of handing them over or become criminals.

LR55

Comment

• dammitman
                Warrior
                • Dec 2012

watching the demise of california is like reading a book that sucks but still having to read the book.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                  watching the demise of california is like reading a book that sucks but still having to read the book.
                  Didn't you know that "where California goes, the rest of the nation follows"?

The root cause of our challenge is excessive urbanization. That creates a huge population of folks who don't get to shoot, much less hunt. These folks are easily led to believe that firearms are not necessaryr for the ordinary citizen.

We need to develop more ranges in urban areas. We could make some assumptions to set a goal for numbers, but a start is one lane per 500 people and everyone within a half hour drive Of a range.

Second, We need to develop more action-oriented shooting contests and sports that can compete with the smart phone games. Alternatively, link the shooting skill development to the games themselves.

Of course. There is the little problem of kids being taught that patriotism, freedom, and self-defense are somehow wrong...
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• sneaky one
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

You guys can give up what you want, I'm not handing over anything. Why? The jails are full already, where they gonna house us ? Dump HRC in the swamp she deserves.

They won't make it into the house, their plan will fail in 10 seconds. If so, if they make the gate---- It's a home intrusion scenario... I pity the fool that wanted to wear the b.

Comment

• montana
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2011

The most important lesson for today from the Revolution is about militaristic or violent search and seizure in the name of disarmament. As Hurricane Katrina bore down on Louisiana, police officers in St. Charles Parish confiscated firearms from people who were attempting to flee. After the hurricane passed, officers went house to house in New Orleans, breaking into homes and confiscating firearms at gunpoint. The firearms seizures were flagrantly illegal under existing state law. A federal district judge soon issued an order against the confiscation, ordering the return of the seized guns.

When there is genuine evidence of potential danger—such as evidence that guns are in the possession of a violent gang—then the Fourth Amendment properly allows no-knock raids, flash-bang grenades, and similar violent tactics to carry out a search. Conversely, if there is no real evidence of danger—for example, if it is believed that a person who has no record of violence owns guns but has not registered them properly—then militaristically violent enforcement of a search warrant should never be allowed. Gun ownership simpliciter ought never to be a pretext for government violence. The Americans in 1775 fought a war because the king did not agree.
                      Last edited by montana; 10-01-2016, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
                        You guys can give up what you want, I'm not handing over anything. Why? The jails are full already, where they gonna house us ? Dump HRC in the swamp she deserves.

They won't make it into the house, their plan will fail in 10 seconds. If so, if they make the gate---- It's a home intrusion scenario... I pity the fool that wanted to wear the b.
                        Sneaky...they won't even come to your house.
                        I see and hear a lot of talk about how a national gun registration and/or confiscation would be the trigger that would spark a second American Revolution, as patriots rise up to resist the jackbooted thugs who are going door-to-door taking away people’s arms. I have bad news for everyone who’s waiting for national registration …
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• dammitman
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2012

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                          Didn't you know that "where California goes, the rest of the nation follows"?

The root cause of our challenge is excessive urbanization.
                          i have thought for years there are just too many people. and especially living in the cities. i cant help everyone. and just why is it that the rest of the country goes the way california does anyway? of course it takes time, it isnt instant. the way it looks old age will take me before that nasty useless waste of a state gets here. maybe the big earthquake that needs to take that state out will hit sooner than later. only time will tell
                          Last edited by dammitman; 10-01-2016, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by dammitman View Post
                            i have thought for years there are just too many people. and especially living in the cities. ...
                            The challenge for us --and one that is difficult to get a handle on -- is that those most in need of self defense weapons and 2nd Amendment protection are those who live in the densest population areas.

Further, with the Left pushing for mlre strict adherence to "one person, one vote" regardless of citizenship status, getting a positive view of gin rughts in the cities is critical. Those who live in sparsely populated area won't have the balanced representation our founding fathers wrote into the constitution.
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

Working...
                            X