• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lrgrendel
    Warrior
    • Jul 2013

Berger 6.5mm 130gr Hybrid bullet

Has any one loaded and shot these in a Grendel?

Thanks
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

There are a few threads on this bullet.

Has anyone tried this bullet yet? Right now it is hard to find but is available from Berger who just recently been released it. 6.5 MM 130 GR AR HYBRID TACTICAL Part number: 26195 Retail Price: $52.80 - G7 BC .288 - G1 BC .569 Twist Rate 1-9” or faster Part of an email with Berger Tech Support

I recently decided to check out this new(ish) Berger, since it was both a heavier pill than any other I've fed my rifles, and was specifically designed with the AR (magazines) in mind. First Impressions: These new Berger 130 Hybrids are actually quite remarkable. One of the horde members asked me if I would be meplating or

So far it has yielded the most accurate loads from my Grendels.

Comment

• lrgrendel
      Warrior
      • Jul 2013

Originally posted by kmon View Post
      There are a few threads on this bullet.

Has anyone tried this bullet yet? Right now it is hard to find but is available from Berger who just recently been released it. 6.5 MM 130 GR AR HYBRID TACTICAL Part number: 26195 Retail Price: $52.80 - G7 BC .288 - G1 BC .569 Twist Rate 1-9” or faster Part of an email with Berger Tech Support

I recently decided to check out this new(ish) Berger, since it was both a heavier pill than any other I've fed my rifles, and was specifically designed with the AR (magazines) in mind. First Impressions: These new Berger 130 Hybrids are actually quite remarkable. One of the horde members asked me if I would be meplating or

So far it has yielded the most accurate loads from my Grendels.

Thanks for posting those links!

I have a 24" with a 1/9 twist with CFE and AA2520. CCI 450 primers and new LAPUA brass.

I will give them a "go" !!

Comment

• acourvil
        Warrior
        • Dec 2013

They shoot great in my 22" JP. So good that they replaced Lapuas as my primary ammo.

Comment

• lrgrendel
          Warrior
          • Jul 2013

Ok. Finally getting around to load these for the Grendel.
          I read all of the above 2 links, with I guess CFE being the powder to use.

I also have AA2520 (old), will this work with 130 gr bullets??

FWIW I tested this bullet in my bolt 1/8 Creedmoor with really good results.
          We'll see if it works in my 1/9 Grendel.....

Comment

• m796rider
            Warrior
            • Jul 2011

30.3gr CFE223, CCI41 primers, Hornady brass, loaded to 2.27 (fit fine in my mags). I get about 2320fps out of my 18" Odin Works barrel.

Bullets.com currently has the 130gr Hybrid Tacticals for $36.25/100 if anyone is interested.

Comment

• acourvil
              Warrior
              • Dec 2013

I'm at 29.7g CFE223 for ~2400 in a 22" barrel.

Comment

• lrgrendel
                Warrior
                • Jul 2013

Hope this works for the photos!

Finally shot these bullets through the Grendel.

Sea level. 95deg F
                200 yds.
                3 shot groups.
                I did a ladder test, took the center of each group and traced the results on to parchment paper. 29.4 and 29.8 look promising.
                29.2 ave 2388
                29.4 ave 2406
                29.6 ave 2377 (the sun may have been an issue)
                29.8 ave 2410
                30.0 ave 2495

Didn't like the velocity jump of the 30.0. At this temp, won't be shooting that again!

I had 4 pieces of brass left over.
                Loaded them up with 28.8 gr 8208 and 108 scenar's.
                Low 2665 high 2678 ave 2672 ES 14.15 SD 7.28 (I know it is only 4 shots....) This is the other photo.

Not sure if I need to load develop any more with the 108 scenar's and 8208!!

ALSO AS ALWAYS THIS RELOADING INFORMATION MAY NOT BE SAFE IN YOUR RIFLE.
                ALWAYS BEGIN LOW AND WORK YOUR WAY UP SLOWLY.
                LOOK FOR PRESSURE SIGNS.....
                Last edited by lrgrendel; 09-13-2016, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Threefeathers
                  Unwashed
                  • Sep 2016

I just ordered 100 of these bullets from Bruno, can't wait to see how it does. I'm going to load 10 rounds with RE15, ten with TAC and see what happens.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

Still hoping someone tries LEVERevolution with the 130-grainers. All the reports I read are VERY promising. I can't wait to try it as soon as I get thru my current list!
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                    X