Rumor- PRVI dropping their Grendel loads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maxxmojo
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
    MXMJ, kinda doesn't make sense to me. If they manufacture to SAAMI (or CIP in Europe as the case may be) how is there an issue?

It is also the responsibility of barrel makers to manufacture to SAAMI chambers for SAAMI ammo. Isn't that the whole point?
    Honestly my guess is they probably got the dimensions for the cartridge before it became SAAMI and/or CIP approved and used that. Out of all the factory ammo it seems PPU has the most problems in rifles from what I've looked up and seen, and that may be why. It doesn't seem too far fetched to me considering the problems that have existed with Grendel reamers in the past, which Sam's importer eluded to.
    Last edited by maxxmojo; 08-28-2016, 11:43 PM.

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

Graf&Sons still has it by the box. No case discounts.

Graf & Sons, the reloading authority, has a wide selection of reloading supplies, shooting supplies, ammo and more.

Comment

• rabiddawg
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by maxxmojo View Post
        considering the problems that have existed with Grendel reamers in the past, which Sam's importer eluded to.
        There are no problems with saami 6.5 Grendel reamers.

The Real problem is people using reamers that did Not meet saami specs and calling it a 6.5 Grendel. And selling it to unsuspecting customers as 6.5 Grendel
        Last edited by rabiddawg; 08-29-2016, 02:10 AM.
        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• m796rider
          Warrior
          • Jul 2011

Well, I just got a Prvi 6.5 Grendel recall notice via email.

Web version of emailed recall notice

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

And once again 6.5 Grendel will be blamed for this when the blame should fall at the feet of the unscrupulous vendors that wouldn't use a SAAMI reamer.

Mark Twain

Comment

• keystone183
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

Is Hornady concerned? If no....i smell shenanigans....

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Wow. So Bill Alexander was right for all those years trying to enforce a standard in order to prevent . . . THIS. Haters got a LOT of crow to eat. . . .

Unless I'm missing something?
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• rabiddawg
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2013

Maybe everyone that bought a bastardized barrel should get together, hire a big class action lawyer and sue the sh t out of every non-saami barrel maker that didn't say up front what they were selling.

Mark Twain

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                    Administrator
                    • Feb 2011

I'd like to see PRVI stand their ground and say to anyone trying to make a claim from a blown-up gun: "Prove your chamber is SAAMI." But they won't. No company wants to deal with lawsuits or bad press, even if they're in the right. So they recall ammo to cater to the lowest common denominator, i.e., bastardized wildcat chambers claiming to be 6.5 Grendel. Damn shame. Assuming this is really what's going on behind the scenes.

Anyway. . . . If PRVI reworks and reissues their 65G loads with a nod to European military and police usage, could be kinda cool. I'll be waiting to see what they come up with.
                    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

image.pngThe recall ad says "return and replacement" not "return for refund".
                      Last edited by bwaites; 08-30-2016, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

I've been emailing with them regarding the 640 rounds of 120's I have. That's what's left of the 2 x 500 round cases I purchased. I've shot 360 - mainly at a couple of training classes.

Here is the response:
                        "Please, include all receipts that you have if you would like to get your money back, otherwise we will gladly exchange to any other ammo that we have in stock.
                        Also, we will cover your shipping costs (please, include the receipt of that as well).
                        Please, ship ammo via UPS and/or FedEx back to us."

When I asked about replacing with Grendel ammo, they said:
                        "Unfortunately, we will no longer offer 6.5 Grendel ammunition or brass. Would you like any other type of ammo?"

I asked why are they recalling and discontinuing 6.5 Grendel? I got no response.

Keep you posted.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2011

Well that sucks, I want 6.5 Grendel ammo. I've had no issues with my lot of 120 grain BT HP or my 110 grain FMJ in my two SAAMI 6.5 Grendels. I may just keep mine and not send them back.

The only other ammo I might be remotely interested in is match 5.56 with 69 or 75-77 grain BT HP ammo.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

I just got off the phone with Prvi Partizan and the Rep. I talked to stated the recall was due to the various chamber dimensions. I asked if any particular lot was causing the recall and She said there was no specific lot but the ammunition just wasn't suitable for every chamber. I asked if there was 223/5.56 for tradein and she said not at this time. Since both my barrels are 6.5 Grendel SAAMI I may not send my ammo back. All my BT HP ammo is lot 23 1502 and my FMJ ammo is Lot 19 1501.

Hopefully Prvi Partizan resumes production in the future but at this time looks like they are done selling 6.5 Grendel in the US. I'm curious if the Wolf 120 grain MPT uses a different powder as I don't recall any issues with the Wolf. I wonder if Wolf will continue selling their 6.5 Grendel ammo in the US.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

I just checked and Graf's & Son and Target Sports have pulled the Prvi Partizan (PPU brass) and Wolf 6.5 Grendel products.

Comment

• lesbaer45
                                Bloodstained
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                                Well that sucks, I want 6.5 Grendel ammo. I've had no issues with my lot of 120 grain BT HP or my 110 grain FMJ in my two SAAMI 6.5 Grendels. I may just keep mine and not send them back.

The only other ammo I might be remotely interested in is match 5.56 with 69 or 75-77 grain BT HP ammo.
                                Damnit.

I have maybe 200 rounds of the PPU 120 I bought to use as "factory" test ammo for whenever I get these builds done. I think I'll just keep them since one is supposed to be SAAMI (looking at you 16in group buy :->)and the other damn well better be since it was sold to me as 6.5 Grendel and is marked as such on the barrel.

I'll just take the chance since I'm not interested in the whole ship/replace/refund hassle. I'll just make sure note to take extra care when I finally shoot the PPU and watch for any unacceptable signs.

Maybe I'll even wear a full face shield, can't be too safe for my dashingly handsome ladies man face.
                                Last edited by lesbaer45; 08-30-2016, 09:59 PM. Reason: I r stoopid.

Comment

Working...
                                X