• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

You try my LLL?
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Rickc
      Warrior
      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
      You try my LLL?
      not yet. Can't get time away from this project to get to the range. It is driving me nuts.

Comment

• m796rider
        Warrior
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Rickc View Post

That is really the fun for me! After load development I kind of lose interest in a rifle. Ready to move on to the next one.
        LOL - I'm the exact opposite. I'd almost rather hire someone to do load development. I'm happy when I have a node load and can start cranking rounds out en masse. And shoot said rounds, of course.

Comment

• jameshenry
          Unwashed
          • Sep 2016

Hi all. I ordered a Alexander Arms 20" upper for my old Colt lower Sept 9. So all I can do is sit and read the posts. Will be reloading and will try some of the members loads. Keep on giving up the info. This is my second post.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Hey, James, welcome to the Horde!
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
              Warrior
              • Nov 2015

Hi All, which primer do most of you prefer? CCI450? (This question comes from someone with no experience. )
              If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

A lot of forum members use magnum small rifle primers for the thicker primer cups to lessen the likely hood of a slam fire with the AR-15 floating firing pin. I use CCI 450 or CCI 41 but other forum members have used Remington Magnum primers and some use match primers like BR4.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2015

Ok, so it seems there is no one perfect primer, but some differences based on experience and preferences.

Thanks, Vascars, for the information.
                  If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• apynckel
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2014

If memory serves, both magnum and benchrest primers have the thicker primer cups, right?

Comment

• Younger
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2012

That is true with CCI primers.. I can't vouch for any other brands.

Comment

• Younger
                        Warrior
                        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by apynckel View Post
                        If memory serves, both magnum and benchrest primers have the thicker primer cups, right?
                        That is true with CCI primers. I can not vouch for any other brands.

Comment

• Rabbit
                          Unwashed
                          • Jan 2016

On primers and CFE. 123gr SST - Hornady Brass - Wolf Magnum primers - 30.5 gr CFE - seated to 2.254/2.255. AA Hunter 18 inch (no chrono). Thus far I have not had any failures or slam fires. Wolf primers do require a little more effort to seat, at least that has been my experience. I haven't noticed any real significant / noticeable difference between Wolf Magnum and CCI 450's.

I have run my loads a little hotter up to 31 grains, but have seen a little more inconsitency in my groups. Although, how much is operator error and how much is the load is yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                          X