X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Butcher
    Unwashed
    • Aug 2016

I went with the Omega for my first 30 cal. can and I am quite happy with it. I run it on a AA 20" Grendel, Savage 10 in 308 and Rem 300 Blk. It performs well (IMHO) on all. I like the idea of a somewhat modular can including direct thread and ASR mount options while having the option to remove brake (end cap) and use 30 cal. or 5.56 end caps (sold separately) for a shorter, more caliber specific config. in 223/5.56. I am waiting on a SiCo Hybrid (NFA jail) which I consider to be the Swiss army knife of the family which also should be compatible with the ASR mounts. YMMV.

Comment

• Flyguy11
      Warrior
      • Nov 2015

I wish I could tell you how well the Omega works. Please tell the ATF to allow me to use it; my Omega is living in ATF jail

Comment

• joker31
        Chieftain
        • Jul 2015

The hardest to wait for Suppressor is one you have to replace after someone steals yours.

Comment

• ccasanova
          Warrior
          • Mar 2016

Form 3 cleared today. Exactly 2 months

Comment

• Flyguy11
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

FML.

Called the ATF and they told me to expect an 8 month wait that started in July 2016. NFAtracker.com predicts that my Form 4s won't be approved until July or August 2017. Please support the Hearing Protection Act of 2015.

Comment

• ccasanova
              Warrior
              • Mar 2016

Yeah, now the real wait begins. Hope my FFL/SOT will allow conjugal visits.

Comment

• RicosRevenge
                Warrior
                • Jan 2016

ASR Muzzle brake is available with a 9/16 thread.

Comment

• Butcher
                  Unwashed
                  • Aug 2016

Omega update....

Last Saturday I shot a medium size boar at about 3:00 a.m. I was running factory 123 gr SST through my 20" AA. My hunting buddy was only about 60 yds away and never heard the shot. He thought I was joking when I told him that I shot a hog. I was very happy with my Omega's performance.

Comment

• Beerswimmer
                    Warrior
                    • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Butcher View Post
                    My hunting buddy was only about 60 yds away and never heard the shot.
                    Nice! What was his position in relation to you if you were the center of a clock?
                    UT ALII VIVANT !!!

Comment

• Butcher
                      Unwashed
                      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Beerswimmer View Post
                      Nice! What was his position in relation to you if you were the center of a clock?
                      He was at my 10:00-10:30. I'm trying get him to admit that he was sleeping but he insists that he was wide awake!

Comment

• ScoutH57
                        Bloodstained
                        • Oct 2016

I'm really happy with how quiet my Omega 7.62 is with my 18 inch rifle that I shoot a
                        large variety of loads through. Very comfortable to shoot even with my hotter handloads.

I did have to get an adjustable gas block once I started shooting it with the can a lot. Take it hog hunting all the time.

Comment

• K280
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Beerswimmer View Post
                          I have it on my AA barrel to correct the threads so that I can use whatever muzzle device I want. It's great! It's extremely light, you'll never notice it's on the barrel. This should come as a standard from AA. AA.....get your sh*t with the times!!
                          I use these on my Grendel and my .556 AR's with a Harvester and TBAC30P-1. They work great.

Comment

• 4pocalypse
                            Unwashed
                            • May 2016

Anyone run an Omega on a 12" Grendel?

Comment

• daggertt
                              Unwashed
                              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by 4pocalypse View Post
                              Anyone run an Omega on a 12" Grendel?
                              there are guys over on arfcom that run them on sbr grendels. 11.5 or 12". But, more importantly, I recently had this discussion with silencerco about minimum barrel length for 6.5 Grendel on a Silencerco Omega:

"Hi Mike,Thank you for contacting us.My R&D department has told me that our minimum barrel lengths are 16". I can request for them to retest on shorter barrel lengths but I do not have a time frame of how long that would take. If we ever do find that it can go on a shorter barrel, we will update it on our website and you will be able to find it there.Have a great day"

Meh. But wait! There's more! Then they followed up with me in a surprise email:

"So I just finished chatting with my R&D tester, after I sent him that request he tested it, and he said it should be fine on 10".Have a great day"

Comment

• 4pocalypse
                                Unwashed
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by daggertt View Post
                                there are guys over on arfcom that run them on sbr grendels. 11.5 or 12". But, more importantly, I recently had this discussion with silencerco about minimum barrel length for 6.5 Grendel on a Silencerco Omega:

"Hi Mike,Thank you for contacting us.My R&D department has told me that our minimum barrel lengths are 16". I can request for them to retest on shorter barrel lengths but I do not have a time frame of how long that would take. If we ever do find that it can go on a shorter barrel, we will update it on our website and you will be able to find it there.Have a great day"

Meh. But wait! There's more! Then they followed up with me in a surprise email:

"So I just finished chatting with my R&D tester, after I sent him that request he tested it, and he said it should be fine on 10".Have a great day"
                                This is awesome news!

Comment

Working...
                                X