• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Dove Season Opener HOG

Some folks go dove hunting when dove season starts. I go hog hunting.

Actually, I was due out on Wednesday, but the landowner called me and said it was raining pretty good and wasn't due to stop. So we agreed I would come on Thursday. The closer I got to the property, the more it was raining. I hung out in the driveway for a long while until there was a break and made the long trek out to the stand. It started raining on me again when I was about 50 yards out, LOL. Got in and setup and then just waited. Conditions were terrible for thermal (plant and ground temperatures homogenize in the rain), but the animals still showed up pretty well. I watched a doe and twin fawns run around for a bit, and about an hour after arriving in the stand, this guy showed up...

Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • kmon
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2015

Another good hog down. That raccoon was getting out of the tree in a hurry.

Comment

• IceAxe
      Warrior
      • Jan 2014

Nice!

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Another great video -- thanks!

Comment

• 37L1
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

Good Ol' Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society, LOL!

Nice shootin'!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
            Warrior
            • Jan 2016

Man, I didn't get pics!!

Went out to dove camp Friday, Sat and Sun and limited all 3 days on the little gray speed demons... but also killed 2 rattlers and made the first "live" shot with the grendel on a 140 lb sow at just under 200.

Had a minute or two get set up on her so went prone w/ bipod and rear bag. Hit about a half inch behind the ear with a 123 gr SST and she dropped like a rock... literally. It knocked her sideways and down a ravine. Luckily, there is a road at the bottom.

Comment

• jawbone
              Warrior
              • Jan 2012

best dove hunt video i've seen, plus i get my sustaining Angry Bird fix at the same time. thanks again, 00Spy.

Comment

Working...
              X