• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Electronic Hearing Muff Compatible Boonie Caps

Have you gotten sunburned this summer? Ever wear your boonie cap out shooting, then go to put on your muffs, only to realize you need to roll up the brim, losing the protection from the sun you needed?

After over 3 years of testing, prototyping, and development, these things have come along nicely. There is a mesh rear veil that protects your neck. The headband is ventilated with matching camo pattern mesh as well.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

Can/would/will you do one in Coyote Brown?

Have you gone into production on your MedKits yet?
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I could do Coyote if I could find some athletic mesh equivalent to what I use for MC and Kryptek on these for the ventilation and rear veil.

The ventilation is worth it in my experience, and one of the main improvements over a standard boonie for hot weather use. A solid hat just caps the heat in on one of the most important heat-shedding areas of your body, your head and neck.

I've been unable to work for some time after a major injury (snapped my Achilles thinking I was still young on an obstacle course), but have been back at it as best as possible after spending 3 weeks in bed.

Just caught up with back orders on boonies, more orders coming in.

I already have a batch of IFAKs made. Just haven't put them on the site. Let me know what you want.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
          Chieftain
          • Jan 2017

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that achilles - give it time to heal,now, hear?

Any chance on a similar boonie in goretex/camo for colder weather? Not needing the ventilation mesh of course...
          "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by grayfox View Post
            Ouch! Sorry to hear about that achilles - give it time to heal,now, hear?

Any chance on a similar boonie in goretex/camo for colder weather? Not needing the ventilation mesh of course...
            It's doable. What I find is that I personally am always wearing a Goretex jacket in the winter with a hood and a watch cap or polypro balaclava in the cold.

I just put my electronic ears over the watch cap, and hood over everything.

I could see a use for the wide brim model in Gore Tex for inclimate weather to shed rain, but I use the gear above in those conditions. I know that doesn't help me sell my services, but that's just honest my take on it.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• grayfox
              Chieftain
              • Jan 2017

NP just wondering.
              Reason I was asking is that I almost always use some kind of sun visor for my eyes... So the goretex keeps my head warm and the brim keeps the sun out of my eyes. If I'm doing Hunter orange of course then it's an H/O goretex cap with a bill and the ears go over everything.
              "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X