• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Domestic manufacturers

Manufacturers are local companies' Sova najt visa "," Teleoptik "and" Sensor Infiz ".

Previous tests on polygons VS showed that 6.5 millimeter bullet "Grendel" at a distance of 500 meters is twice stronger stopping power from 7.62 to 39 millimeters, and 30 to 40 percent of the rounds 5.56 x 45 NATO.

Also, the bullet "Grendel" has less recoil and allows better control of gunfire, even for people less physical constitution.
    Yep: We've known that for quite some while.

Bullet "Grendel"

The bullet "Grendel" defies the laws of nature, because it has a very [flat] path from the time it comes out of the pipes.

Americans are testing a new grain concluded that when aiming the target at a distance of 600 meters, "Grendel" says a high trajectory of 1.2 meters when the bastard from an automatic rifle, and 1.07 meters when fired from a sniper.
    Really trying to figure out who/what they're talking about on this. If I get what the author means, he's saying that "Americans" and whatever round they're using claim it will have a drop of 1.2 meters over a 600 meter range. Using the flattest shooting ammo I can find (123 Scenar@ 2500 fps) I come up with 2.6 meters of drop - more than double the author's numbers. Troubling, as he doesn't cite who is claiming this miracle.

This means that weapons can hit the target man-sized or smaller vehicle without setting the target mark (which is the most rifles adjusted by increments of 100 meters), at all distances from zero to 600 meters.
    The author is essentially claiming a PBR of 600 meters. No wonder he thinks the Grendel can defy nature. Seriously, I love this round, but 600 meter point blank range?!! Claims like this are why some people have credibility issues with proponents of the Grendel.

Serbia, as well as many countries in the world, working to improve small arms, and the fact that domestic companies and experts picked the bullet type "Grendel," to whom no one in the world has found a flaw, suggesting that the Army of Serbia in the future have a very good and reliable weapon, according to RTS.
    Their experts chose the round, but it certainly has not been without its detractors. To claim that "no one in the world has found a flaw" is, well, just naive. RTS, which is a Russian language paper, is being cited for this high praise of the Grendel, but I haven't located the source article, yet.

I have, though, seen what I consider element zero, which is the Serbian Army's website (discussed earlier in this and in other threads). <Link>

It supports the gist of what this article says, but I think what we really have here is a case of a Serbian Grendel fanboy gushing at a Serbian journalist who doesn't really understand ballistics. It's a shame, really, because the article could have stood on its own merits, even without the (slight) exaggerations.

Thanks for the link, Dan.
    Last edited by NugginFutz; 11-13-2016, 05:21 PM. Reason: removed extraneous markup
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• dobrodan
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2014

I think what they mean is that the trajectory (if zeroed at 600m) is never higher than 1.2m above the line of aim.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
        Really trying to figure out who/what they're talking about on this. If I get what the author means, he's saying that "Americans" and whatever round they're using claim it will have a drop of 1.2 meters over a 600 meter range. Using the flattest shooting ammo I can find (123 Scenar@ 2500 fps) I come up with 2.6 meters of drop - more than double the author's numbers. Troubling, as he doesn't cite who is claiming this miracle.
        Since it says "high trajectory of 1.2 meters," I read that as the maximum height of the bullet's trajectory when fired at a 600-meter target, not the drop at 600 meters.

Comment

• NugginFutz
          Chieftain
          • Aug 2013

Thanks, guys. Don't know why I didn't see that. For whatever reason, the two ballistic components merged as one in my mind. Re-ran the #'s with a 600 yard zero, and got 32" at the midpoint. Makes perfect sense, now.

I still think the author was over-selling the round, though.
          If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by dobrodan View Post
            http://www.blic.rs/vesti/drustvo/voj...oruzje/svmw6e6

Google-translated:
            One of the caliber of the entire platoon

The Army of Serbia, as it reminds us, the infantry units on the level of water (up to 40 people) is used calibers 7.62 and 5.56 h 39 h 45 mm automatic rifles, 7.62 to 54 millimeters of machine guns and machine guns, and 7 , 9 to 57 millimeters for sniper rifles.

New solutions, creating a caliber for the entire infantry platoon, which greatly facilitates the logistics and maintenance of weapons.
            Okay, I'm going to take a stab at refining the Google translation above:
            One caliber for the infantry platoon

In the Army of Serbia, infantry platoons (up to 40 people) use four calibers: 7.62x39 and 5.56x45 assault rifles, 7.62x54R machine guns, and 7.9x57 sniper rifles.

Having a single caliber for the entire infantry platoon greatly simplifies logistics and maintenance of weapons.
            So, it looks like the Serbian Army is implementing the "general purpose cartridge" concept that has been advocated by a number of people, and 6.5 Grendel is going to be the first GPC in military service.
            Last edited by stanc; 11-13-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
              Administrator
              • Feb 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
              So, it looks like the Serbian Army is implementing the "general purpose cartridge" concept that has been advocated by a number of people, and 6.5 Grendel is going to be the first GPC in military service.
              Very cool. Gonna be watching this. Hope politics doesn't derail this project like they can here.
              :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• dobrodan
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2014

Serbian forum with some pictures and info.

Comment

• dobrodan
                  Bloodstained
                  • Feb 2014

Video with some Grendel-handling.
                  Last edited by dobrodan; 11-14-2016, 09:37 PM.

Comment

• stanc
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by dobrodan View Post
                    http://www.paluba.info/smf/index.php?topic=1952.new

Serbian forum with some pictures and info.
                    Thanks. Seen any info on magazine capacity?

[Google translate of text]
                    "This is the new Zastava rifle in caliber 6.5 mm. Today I had a lot of hands to work well at first sight. Nicely balanced with the optics is not too heavy. The frame is finally composite and extremely lightweight stock with variable length. Pretty good for an early version."

Comment

• dobrodan
                      Bloodstained
                      • Feb 2014

No info on mag-capacity.

But it looks larger than 20 and less than 30, so I would guesstimate 25...

Comment

• rabiddawg
                        Chieftain
                        • Feb 2013

they better get get a 2x4 block on that buffer tube or cheek weld ain't hapnin
                        Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• GSPHunter
                          Warrior
                          • Jun 2014

That stock looks awful......There is no way a person is going to get any kind of proper cheek weld....Maybe more like a under chin weld :-)

Comment

• ahillock
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2016

I want one. How long until I can buy a semi-auto Zastava Arms battle rifle in 6.5 Grendel?

Comment

• GSPHunter
                              Warrior
                              • Jun 2014

ahillock, It wouldn't be too hard to convert a Vepr chambered in grendel....I'd go with a canis stock adapter though, gets the stock up a bit higher. http://www.canisdesigngroup.com/vepr...k-adapter.html

Comment

• ahillock
                                Warrior
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by GSPHunter View Post
                                ahillock, It wouldn't be too hard to convert a Vepr chambered in grendel....I'd go with a canis stock adapter though, gets the stock up a bit higher. http://www.canisdesigngroup.com/vepr...k-adapter.html

Would be interesting to see how much it would cost to get the front sight block + handgaurd + rails + rear sight + magazine. Plus I guess the biggest part is the novelty of owning a Zastava firearm if they ever export to the USA civilian market.

Comment

Working...
                                X