• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stanc
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
    The different alphabet may explain how the caliber of "Grendel," which has the advantage of being less recoil, while the hose is not wound but connects with trucks using leverage.

And how it will "scramble arimije around the world."
    Nah, it's just a crappy translation that resulted from the limitations of Google Translate.

I will hazard a guess that, if correctly translated, "the hose is not wound but connects with trucks using leverage" would read something like "the barrel is not threaded but is fastened to the receiver by a lever."

Also, in the second quote, "arimije" is an obvious typo in the original article, which should have been spelled "armije" ("armies" in English). I think what the author was trying to say is the 6.5 Grendel rifle will "shake up armies around the world." Basically, he was expressing the same idea that John did three days ago with the following post:

Small militaries with this capability will cause the round's popularity to explode due to jealousy. "Why can't we hit that hard at those ranges with our small arms? Who do these guys think they are?"

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

Thanks for that. I had figured out the scrambled armies, but I couldn't begin to interpret the first one.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

So I put Jr's. dusty globe into the closet yrs. ago- Busy on here , forgot Serbia's locale,,,, It's good that our friends are adopting the Grrr, Hopefully Russia does not learn too much from us- Damn putin

Comment

• rabiddawg
          Chieftain
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
          rs, just repeat it all with a russian accent- like in movies - you knowski. It all makes sense thenski- tell rabb to take notice
          lol
          Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Drillboss View Post
            I have a huge amount of respect for Sneaky, but that's funny.

I don't care who you are.
            For the record so do I!!

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a little fun
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
              For the record so do I!!

I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to have a little fun
              Sometimes I think you and I are sharing a brain.

Comment

• dobrodan
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2014

Javnosti će uskoro biti predstavljena nova modularna jurišna puška koja koristi dva kalibra, stari 7,62 i novi 6,5 milimetara 'grendel'. Nova puška namenjena je 'snagama za ojačanje' Vojske Srbije.

More Serbian Grendel-talk. Now presented by Google translate!

Comment

• MeatAxe
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  Small militaries with this capability will cause the round's popularity to explode due to jealousy. "Why can't we hit that hard at those ranges with our small arms? Who do these guys think they are?"
                  US ordnance brass and politicos will just call for another long-winded "study," go on some junkets, waste tens of millions of tax payer dollars, rig some tests, cook the results and then turn around and declare the current 5.56 M4 the greatest battle implement ever devised (with a straight face).

They are indeed accomplished liars.

Drain the swamp!

Comment

• MeatAxe
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by dobrodan View Post
                    https://translate.google.no/translat...-sumadije.html

More Serbian Grendel-talk. Now presented by Google translate!

Would love to see a semi-auto Zastava AK in 6.5G join the Vepr on these shores, along with multitudes of military-grade, hi-cap 6.5G magazines...of course, if CZ would offer the Bren 805-6 in 6.5G, that would be even mo' bettah!
                    Last edited by MeatAxe; 04-05-2017, 02:43 AM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                      Super Moderator
                      • Sep 2014

I was really interested in the Bren 805 until I held it. The pistol version is heavier than a lot of my AR15s.

It's like a heavy SCAR in 5.56 NATO.
                      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• MeatAxe
                        Bloodstained
                        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                        I was really interested in the Bren 805 until I held it. The pistol version is heavier than a lot of my AR15s.

It's like a heavy SCAR in 5.56 NATO.
                        Does half a pound really make that much difference? The average AR carbine is @ 8 lbs. and the Bren carbine is only 8.43 lbs. I usually have a milled AK for SHTF so that doesn't sound so bad. I wouldn't get a Bren in 5.56 anyway. They have a 7.62x39 version coming out, which is tempting, but 6.5G would be better.

Better stock up on Wheaties!!! LOL

Comment

• LR1955
                          Super Moderator
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by MeatAxe View Post
                          US ordnance brass and politicos will just call for another long-winded "study," go on some junkets, waste tens of millions of tax payer dollars, rig some tests, cook the results and then turn around and declare the current 5.56 M4 the greatest battle implement ever devised (with a straight face).

They are indeed accomplished liars.

Drain the swamp!
                          Guys:

Deleted my post.

I remember some junkets I went on when working the RDTE side of things. Fort Benning in July is a real treat. Aberdeen in January or February another one. How about Nevada and New Mexico in the middle of the summer or winter -- take your pick!

The hardest part was 'rigging the tests' and 'cooking the results'. Had to drain the swamp of those scientists and test designers whose honesty got in the way of corruption!

LR55
                          Last edited by LR1955; 04-05-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                            ...The hardest part was 'rigging the tests' and 'cooking the results'. Had to drain the swamp of those scientists and test designers whose honesty got in the way of corruption!

LR55
                            Well said!

I will admit, however, that my own experience was that the managers can do that by choosing criteria and constraints that fore-ordain the conclusions. Then we dumb S&E types were stuck doing a possibly interesting study even though some of us could intuit the conclusions before the first number was cranked!
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• MeatAxe
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by LR1955 View Post
                              Guys:

Deleted my post.

I remember some junkets I went on when working the RDTE side of things. Fort Benning in July is a real treat. Aberdeen in January or February another one. How about Nevada and New Mexico in the middle of the summer or winter -- take your pick!

The hardest part was 'rigging the tests' and 'cooking the results'. Had to drain the swamp of those scientists and test designers whose honesty got in the way of corruption!

LR55

What? No booze, hookers, Rolls Royces or bribes? Clearly, you're going on the wrong junkets...just give "Uncle Duke" a call...he's always been a big playa in the defense procurement game...

SAN DIEGO - A trial about power, bribery and a dirty politiciantook another tawdry turn Wednesday, as a hooker from Hawaiitestified that Poway businessman Brent Wilkes argued with formerNorth County Congressman Randy "Duke" Cunningham over who would getthe prettier of two prostitutes.

Here's an objective "competition": the M4 starts getting its butt kicked by a competitor, so the Army changes the rules, when that doesn't change the results, they stop the test outright and declare the M4 the winner...typical. What is the point of holding such "competitions" when we know the miserable status quo is going to win by default no matter what? I guess there were still tax payer dollars in the budget that needed to be wasted so they could get more money to waste for the upcoming year...

In other news, the Feds report that the Russians rigged the election by revealing how the Kleptocrats rigged the election...
                              Last edited by MeatAxe; 04-05-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                                Super Moderator
                                • Sep 2014

Duke Cunningham? He went to Federal prison. His own aides tried to warn him to stop his bribery ads, which he even had printed in the back of his Congressional business card. A former SF guy blew the whistle on him. Not sure what that has to do with small arms procurement.

The tests the Army did at Aberdeen were clearly rigged. They used M4s with multiple deployment histories with used and abused mags, against brand new HK416s and SCARs.

When the tests were conducted again, the MTBF numbers were totally different, which should not have happened for a consistent and repeatable test procedure. If you get your info about small arms testing from one of the usual presstitute brothels, you might as well not even read the article, because it is written by someone who knows literally nothing about the subject matter, and is just some knee-jerk reaction from an ignoramus designed to get click counts for a dying disinformation brothel.

When 10th Group did their own internal, unbiased testing between the M4A1, SCAR-L, and HK416, they didn't see any meaningful difference in MTBF between the designs, as they were very skeptical about the results from Aberdeen. The aren't any units in the conventional Army that shoot anywhere near the round counts that SF does, and the organization sees substantial fleet samples of how the design performs at high volume, in addition to the foreign weapons in inventory, which constitute a huge amount of effort for maintenance as well to maintain proficiency in the use and training with those systems.

Keep the political conversations about elections out of this thread. This isn't the place for them.
                                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                                X