• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thegrass13
    Bloodstained
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by stanc View Post
    Hadn't seen any news on this topic since late last year, so I went searching and found this Serbian video that was posted three months ago.

"The Army of Serbia got 740 rifles from the Belgian production SCAR-L, which completed the project of equipping a special brigade of 1,500 soldiers. It is part of the Serbian Army's equipping program launched two years ago with the aim of improving its operational and functional capabilities."

Not sure if this means Serbia has dropped the idea of going with the domestic M17 rifle in 6.5 Grendel, in favor of the FN SCAR in 5.56mm?
    I was seriously hoping they would adopt it. Having the 6.5 grendel in a military capacity would certainly help bring in some more notice to the round.

Comment

• Sticks
      Chieftain
      • Dec 2016

If Wolf was making their ammo, using the same undersized pill.....I'd be unimpressed as well.

Pretty sure Serbia has more than 1500 troops though. Might be waiting on tech modifications or just adding to the option pool. As stated - Special Brigade.
      Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• stanc
        Banned
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
        If Wolf was making their ammo, using the same undersized pill.....I'd be unimpressed as well.
        Prvi makes Serb military ammo, not Wolf.

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Looked like a metal mag with matte finish and blue follower, maybe ASC 6.5 Grendel mag.

Comment

• Bronz
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2018

Just saw this that cool

Comment

• Wanderson
              Warrior
              • Oct 2018

BTW if it hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere, Zastava is forming Zastava Arms USA to import their own wares over here rather than deal with an importer. So if they clear all the paperwork hurdles, there’s a possibility of seeing Zastava 6.5 Grendel AKs stateside.

Palmetto State Armory has also been dropping hints of a 6.5 Grendel AK as well. They just rolled out a 9mm AK and claim after their 5.56 offering that 6.5 may be next.

Comment

• Kilco
                Chieftain
                • Jan 2016

My Grendel Vepr is a truly fine rifle. Just as accurate as my 5.45.

Barrel diameter measures at .262... it's the oddest thing... it requires it's own load work-ups.

Factort ammo runs 50-75fos faster than any of my ARs.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Wanderson View Post
                  BTW if it hasn’t been mentioned elsewhere, Zastava is forming Zastava Arms USA to import their own wares over here rather than deal with an importer. So if they clear all the paperwork hurdles, there’s a possibility of seeing Zastava 6.5 Grendel AKs stateside.

Palmetto State Armory has also been dropping hints of a 6.5 Grendel AK as well. They just rolled out a 9mm AK and claim after their 5.56 offering that 6.5 may be next.
                  I would rather see them bring out the grendel on the old mini bolt action they use to build for Remington.

Nothing against how the ak works are anything but it's just butt ugly.

Comment

• LtDan
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2017

I have a Zastava Mini in 762/39 it's a nice looking rifle but the extractor is junk. I tried to contact the factory as I'm half Serbian trying to get a replacement didn't happen. So it sits in my safe with less than a hundred rounds through it.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by LtDan View Post
                      I have a Zastava Mini in 762/39 it's a nice looking rifle but the extractor is junk. I tried to contact the factory as I'm half Serbian trying to get a replacement didn't happen. So it sits in my safe with less than a hundred rounds through it.
                      I bet there is a shop out there that could recut and profile it for a mini m16 extractor

Comment

• Tog7125
                        Unwashed
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

Why are we debating this retarded idea again? It's like people refuse to understand that there are way more duty positions than Joe Tentpeg rifleman, first-term soldier, with maybe 400 rounds of trigger time under his belt tops. Most have never fired a rifle before they joined the military, and the ones that have bring baggage that takes even more time to re-train, and it isn't happening in a normal unit qualification schedule.

Now you really want to screw him over with a cartridge that recoils more, requires a heavier rifle, comes off target quickly, and prevents him from being able to carry a sustainable basic load that will get him through chance contacts, his mission, and back to the PZ or through the wire. What morons sit around and think this garbage up?

As to the .260 Rem., those who know don't talk.
                        I love reading your posts. No one who has seen the elephant would suggest carrying a heavier round and less ammo. Utter stupidity.

Comment

• Sticks
                          Chieftain
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Kilco View Post
                          My Grendel Vepr is a truly fine rifle. Just as accurate as my 5.45.

Barrel diameter measures at .262... it's the oddest thing... it requires it's own load work-ups.

Factort ammo runs 50-75fos faster than any of my ARs.
                          This one should shoot Wolf Ammo well.
                          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2015

So what was the end result on this. Did they adopt it? Only small special forces units? Full size feild units?

Did they drop it? What's the word on the street?

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

I believe the Zastava AK 6.5 Grendel variant in Serbia is still in the works. There are new videos on youtube from Serbia showing the Zastava but they are no English translations. Most of the information I saw was posted on another Forum by Batob from Montenegro. He hasn’t been on the other forum in quite a few months. He had an issue with the other forum because they locked one of his threads on a different topic without consulting him.

With Zastava Arms USA there is better chance of a 6.5 Grendel AK with decent capacity magazines actually making it on the US market.

Here is an example of one video released in the last few months. There are several videos on the Serbian defense forces.

Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-11-2019, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                                Chieftain
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
                                I believe the Zastava AK 6.5 Grendel variant in Serbia is still in the works. There are new videos on youtube from Serbia showing the Zastava but they are no English translations. Most of the information I saw was posted on another Forum by Batob from Montenegro. He hasn’t been on the other forum in quite a few months. He had an issue with the other forum because they locked one of his threads on a different topic without consulting him.

With Zastava Arms USA there is better chance of a 6.5 Grendel AK with decent capacity magazines actually making it on the US market.

Here is an example of one video released in the last few months. There are several videos on the Serbian defense forces.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0n76OzPlhQc
                                Thanks for the reply sir.

I should have expressed my question better. What I was asking was about the topic of this thread. Did Serbia adopt the grendel? Widespread ? Small special forces units? Or did they drop it and stay with what they already had?

Comment

Working...
                                X