X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thedudeabides
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2016

Archerytalk and Slicktrick razortricks or vipertricks for me. I've had some less than compelling experiences with expandables, including rage, so only fixed cut on contact that fly like darts from now on.
    Last edited by thedudeabides; 09-15-2016, 12:39 AM.
    18" .264 LBC BHW fluted barrel

Comment

• SDguy
      Warrior
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by cory View Post
      So I've about narrowed it down to Muzzy 100gr or G5 Montec. Any experience?
      Archery talk . com was my favorite form when I was passionate about learning about archery.

Lot of good options for broad-heads out there. Muzzy has been offering a great product for a lot of years. Montec I expect would treat you well also.

If your skills and equipment are up to shots over 25 yards I would give the expandable options a serious look. Tuning issues of the traditional broad head are essentially eliminated. I feel as your draw length and poundage increases so do your expandable broad head options. Heavier than average arrows do not often get the credit they deserve for going on 15 years plus, now.

Comment

• SDguy
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

I was big on Nap Expandable broad heads when as I became more experienced with archery hunting. Then I liked heavy carbon arrows and have a 30" draw length.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2015

The g5 wont let you down, been shooting them for several years, have yet to lose a deer or hog shot with one.

I also like the heavy carbon arrows, nothing beats displacement when it comes to bowhunting, a heavy arrow with a 100 grain g5 will drive clean throw any deer.

A tip I learned that has been very useful is practice how you hunt, I bow hunt only from the ground out of pop up blinds, so I practice from my blind in the yard sitting on the chair I will be hunting from.

It has really helped me refine my shooting teqnique and made me a better hunter, that and hunting on the eye level of my game and under 25 yards is the ultiminte trip.

Good luck on your quest to kill one with the stick and string sir.

Comment

• Kikn
            Warrior
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by RicosRevenge View Post
            texasbowhunter

Don't tell 'em you're in Alabama... ;-P
            I'll second texasbowhunter.Com

Comment

• Kikn
              Warrior
              • Nov 2011

For a fixed beoadhead. I like the NAP thunderhead. And the thunderhead edge.

The edge has a smaller cutting diameter but the blades are placed as such that it increases rotation. That allows it to act more like a target tip. As opposed to strait blades that catch wind and drift to the side 2-4" depending in distance.

Ive made shots at 60- 80 yards with the thinderhead edge on targets not game. And used my normal target pin without any corrections added.

Comment

• kmon
                Chieftain
                • Feb 2015

Kikn, if the correct arrows are used and the bow tuned fully shooting broad heads and field tips to the same point is no big deal, happens everyday for many shooters.

Comment

• Kikn
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                  Kikn, if the correct arrows are used and the bow tuned fully shooting broad heads and field tips to the same point is no big deal, happens everyday for many shooters.
                  I was kind of alluding to that. I also use helix fletchings with a 10 degree offset. To help with rotation as well. But those thunderhead edge remove rhe need for doing that. All other strait beoadhead and strait fletching combos I've used the arrow planes to the right 2-4" @ 20 yards

Comment

Working...
                  X