• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • harriss
    Unwashed
    • May 2016

Recall of PPU (prvi) 6.5 mm Grendel ammo and brass

It's official. I got the e-mail on September 2 from Midway.

You are receiving this notice because you recently ordered Prvi Partizan Reloading Brass 6.5 Grendel Bag of 100 (MidwayUSA product number 203778; Prvi Partizan product number PPU65GREN).
    Prvi Partizan is recalling this product due to headspace issues. Please do not use this product, as this may results in firearm damage and possible serious injury.
    Please work with directly with Prvi Partizan to return your brass by calling (203) 375-8544 or emailing Prvi Partizan at info@ppu-usa.com. More information on the recall is available at http://www.ppu-usa.com/news/.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    MidwayUSA Customer Service
    It isn't just brass. It's all PPU 6.5 Grendel Ammo and brass. I had a feeling that $0.50 per piece was too good to be true. To hedge my bets I bought some Norma 6.5 Grendel brass for $1.50 a piece and just today I bought some Nosler 6.5 Grendel brass for $1.78 a piece. I have about 115 pieces of the PPU brass with 65 already loaded up. I checked a piece of fired Norma brass against a piece of fired PPU brass and could not tell any difference. No bulges or cracks. One thing for sure, the PPU brass is not very good metal. It's too soft.

I checked a couple of pages back and saw that someone else had already posted this on August 30. I'm just making sure everyone is on the same page.
    Last edited by harriss; 09-14-2016, 01:33 AM.
  • lawndartmike
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2015

Dang. I just threw out all of my PPU brass last month. Looks like you have to return the old stuff for replacement.

Comment

• WIshooter
      Unwashed
      • May 2016

PPU USA wont take back empty brass. You can only exchange factory loaded PPU ammo.

Comment

• kmon
        Chieftain
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by WIshooter View Post
        PPU USA wont take back empty brass. You can only exchange factory loaded PPU ammo.
        New PPU brass sold for reloading is included in the recall. They will not take back fired brass

Comment

• gmar
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2015

Anyone know how much they're paying as a flat rate if you don't have a receipt?

Comment

• EPeterson
            Bloodstained
            • Nov 2014

I got quoted $55 for unfired brass w/o receipt.
            Last edited by EPeterson; 09-15-2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• MeatAxe
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2016

Does the recall also apply to Wolf Gold 120gr. HPs (which I believe is PPU ammo in Wolf packaging)?

Comment

• gmar
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2015

I talked to someone and they quoted me $14-$15 per box of unfired ammo.

Comment

• Chazroh
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2015

I have shot close to 1000 rounds thru my Grendel, almost all of which has been ppu brass, and I have not had any issues

Comment

• tpk
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2014

I have fired thousands of rounds of Wolf 120 MPT but not more than a few hundred of the blue box 120. There seems to be a difference in accuracy. I prefer the Wolf that was bought at least a few years ago. Also, most of my reloads use ppu brass but have rarely been reloaded more than once.

Comment

• WIshooter
                      Unwashed
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by kmon View Post
                      New PPU brass sold for reloading is included in the recall. They will not take back fired brass
                      I had no idea you could buy un-fired PPU brass.
                      That clears up why folks kept saying brass was part of the recall.

Comment

• rickOshay
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2012

Anyone get money back yet? What is the turn-around on payment?

Comment

• WIshooter
                          Unwashed
                          • May 2016

After about 2 weeks, I got 140 rounds of 5.56mm M193 in exchange for 2 partial boxes of 6.5G ammo.
                          I am satisfied.

Comment

• sovapatriot
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2016

So does anyone know if PPU is going to get the specs right on the 6.5 Grendel and begin to manufacture it again?

Comment

• VASCAR2
                              Chieftain
                              • Mar 2011

There is speculation PPU is going to bring out new ammo with small rifle primer for military use. Have you seen this thread?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6.5mm_Grendel http://www.vs.rs/index.php?news_article=68a2bb24-50d2-11e6-b66b-001a649ddcfe Google-translate it... I seem to remember mentioning this to be a possible outcome many years ago on the old forum, when we learned that PRVI Partizan was going to make Grendel ammo... http://mondo

Comment

Working...
                              X