• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimitzman
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post
    Anyone get money back yet? What is the turn-around on payment?
    they received on fri. got check in michigan on monday

Comment

• sovapatriot
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
      There is speculation PPU is going to bring out new ammo with small rifle primer for military use. Have you seen this thread?

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...tary-cartridge
      I hope so! Thanks for the link

Comment

• SDguy
        Warrior
        • Oct 2015

potential new small rifle PPU

I hope so as well. I am confident that a new offering would be a huge improvment over recent offerings. Quality control would be sure to improve. Still I would not expect Lapua Quality by no means.

Comment

• Redomen
          Warrior
          • Jun 2016

I bought 500 rounds of wolf 100 Gn a few weeks ago. Is it okay or does it fall under the recall?

Comment

• SDguy
            Warrior
            • Oct 2015

Is your 6.5 Grendel wolf steel case or brass ammo? if it is steel I have heard of no safety concerns with the wolf steel. On the other hand the Wolf brass ammo, I have heard of concerns. Yet I have seen no official recall as of yet with brass ammo sold under the Wolf brand Name.

My understanding is wolf is sourcing their brass from PPU. So personally I would shy away from the PPU Brass ammo until they come out with a small rifle offering. Just my gut feeling, though I expect by the time Wolf is offering a new run of Brass ammo they will be sourcing a small rifle primer option. By this time my feeling is the Head space concerns and potential over annealing issues will be under much better control.

Just my gut feeling here.

Comment

• LRRPF52
              Super Moderator
              • Sep 2014

Wolf doesn't manufacture. They are an importer using multiple sources for loaded cartridges from foreign manufacturers.

The Wolf Gold line is PPU for 6.5 Grendel.

The Wolf Steel case is Barnaul from Russia.
              NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Redomen
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

My wolf is steel case. Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

More on the Serbian developments:

The last part of the discussion indicates Prvi Partizan will reportedly be the supplier for 6.5mm ammunition, which it is rumored is made to a slightly different specification than SAAMI-standard 6.5 Grendel.

If true, the use of the CIP spec could explain a lot. We all should hope that Hornady, Lapua, and Alexander Arms along with the rest of the commercial suppliers of Grendel rifles and ammunition know what, if any changes are really being made. Especially critical to this effort is what interchangeability issues are caused by the mod.

A speculation is that they simply went with the CIP spec. There are small differences between the CIP and SAAMI specs that continue to confuse.
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• Lightning8
                    Warrior
                    • Jun 2015

I had 220 rounds of PPU 6.5G left out of original 500 rounds purchased. No issues with ammo shot but I returned my 220 round of 6.5G and exchanged for 180 rounds of PPU 3006 "Thunder" hunting ammo and 40 rounds of 308 "Thunder" hunting ammo. Still have the once fired brass.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2015

Has anyone ever had any issues with the 6.5 mm PPU ammo? I've shot 300 rounds or so, but never an issue and always with pretty good accuracy. I now have nearly 300 pieces unfired brass which I was thinking to reload. Was also curious what some of you might have experienced reloading PPU brass. I know they require the large primers, but I've not run across anything that suggests reloaded PPU has any issues.
                      If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Chazroh
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2015

I have reloaded lots of ppu brass with no issues

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Sneaky (forum member here) and I have reloaded PPU once-fired brass with no problems. We'll keep an eye on primer pockets, etc., for the third round.
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• VASCAR2
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

I've reloaded PPU brass and I found Sellier & Bellot large rifle primers seem to fit the primer pockets better than WW large rifle primers. I plan on using my PPU brass as long as I can.

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Thanks, guys!
                              If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• vmassarano
                                Unwashed
                                • Dec 2016

I didn't see a clear response to this question, so I'll ask one last time:

Has anyone had any problems with Wolf Gold 120 grain 6.5 Grendel Ammo? I bought a box along with some Hornady 123 gr AMAX and ran some rounds thru my new Radical Firearms 20" 6.5 G Upper and the bolt jammed on a Wolf round after less than 12 shots total. Just trying to figure out if it's the upper or the ammo at fault since the Wolf Gold has NOT been recalled as of today.
                                Last edited by vmassarano; 01-17-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X