• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boondoggle
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

WTB 18" 6.5 Grendel barrel & bolt

Giving up on .300 BLK and I just need the barrel and bolt.
  • A5BLASTER
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2015

How much are you looking to spend on a barrel and bolt sir.

Lijia, PF, JP are the places I would spend my money due to workmenship and quility of product and being a sammi chamber, im sure there or other places to find the barrel your looking for cheaper but the ones listed are the top tier providers.

Comment

• Boondoggle
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2016

Looking for more middle of the road so for new barrel and bolt somewhere in the $400 range. Upper will replace my 300BLK as my primary deer and hog rifle.

Comment

• A5BLASTER
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2015

With a 400 budget I would set my sights on a Critreion (sp) from PF.

But they have a long wait time because their barrels are made to order not off the shelf.

Not sure who right now has a 18 inch barrel in that price range ready to ship.

Comment

• Jtmbtech
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2016

I would pay the extra get a jp fast ship great service and have not heard one bad review of how they shoot. A little more than you want to spend but worth every penny. Lilja and pf barrels get good reviews too. https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPSM6.5G-18L8R $569 light profile with one of the best bolts on the market.
          Last edited by Jtmbtech; 09-15-2016, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Boondoggle
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2016

Thanks a ton for all the great info. I'm jumping in on the Faxon barrel buy with BFT. Going to make my first 6.5 my hunting rifle and then look at some long range target options.

Comment

• biodsl
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Boondoggle View Post
              Upper will replace my 300BLK as my primary deer and hog rifle.
              Do you reload? If so, I highly recommend the Grendel Reloading Handbooks, Vol. I and II.

Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Boondoggle
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2016

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                Do you reload? If so, I highly recommend the Grendel Reloading Handbooks, Vol. I and II.

http://www.ar15buildbox.com/shop/65-...-HandBooks.htm
                Yes I just started and that led to my frustration with 300 BLK. I couldn't work up a load that was accurate and had enough thump to make me confident with anything other than ear-holing hogs. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                  Chieftain
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Boondoggle View Post
                  Yes I just started and that led to my frustration with 300 BLK. I couldn't work up a load that was accurate and had enough thump to make me confident with anything other than ear-holing hogs. Thanks for the advice.
                  Don't you feel smarter now. Btw, welcome aboard.

I never understood why folks ask that round to do something it was never intended for. I have no experience with it because I hunt and target shoot; don't plan on kicking down doors or running a suppressor
                  Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Boondoggle
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2016

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
                    Don't you feel smarter now. Btw, welcome aboard.

I never understood why folks ask that round to do something it was never intended for. I have no experience with it because I hunt and target shoot; don't plan on kicking down doors or running a suppressor
                    Lol! Yes I do. I think what makes the 300 BLK appealing up front is the old "don't sell the steak sell the sizzle" idea. Shoot subs suppressed, supers to 300 yds and just swap your barrel. The suppressed piece is the reason to run that round but shooting 208gr rainbows at deer and hogs didn't appeal to me.

Thanks and really enjoying here already.

Comment

Working...
                    X