Unwashed
    • Nov 2015

thanks

Comment

• Sputnik
      Warrior
      • May 2013

Originally posted by Matt @ LSI View Post
      We are getting more and more grendels in every shipment and these are shipping everyday to FFL's and distributors!
      I am wondering where are they all going. A google search mostly shows "out of Stock", and my local Eastern Outfitters was pretty early on the ordering and have not seen any yet. I thought I would see more range reports from Horde members, but other than a few reports here and there, it has been relatively quiet on the feedback. Am I wrong? Do you guys that have them, like them? Does Matt @ LSI have any data as to roughly how many Grendels have been ordered by forum members or roughly how many were made and sent to the USA? I too am waiting for Whittakers to get their HB back in stock.
      Last edited by Sputnik; 10-19-2016, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• nimitzman
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Sputnik View Post
        I am wondering where are they all going. A google search mostly shows "out of Stock", and my local Eastern Outfitters was pretty early on the ordering and have not seen any yet. I thought I would see more range reports from Horde members, but other than a few reports here and there, it has been relatively quiet on the feedback. Am I wrong? Do you guys that have them, like them? Does Matt @ LSI have any data as to roughly how many Grendels have been ordered by forum members or roughly how many were made and sent to the USA? I too am waiting for Whittakers to get their HB back in stock.
        I like mine i got the 22" action is real smooth i only fired a dozen rds i followed the break in instr. and cleaned every shot. fired half hornady sst and aa 120 nosler sst was slightly more accurate both loads way more than accurate enough for woods hunting. going to try 200 yds next.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

even though i have offered to handle the forum member orders...ive only gotten about 5 that came through me. keep in mind, we only get 100-200 mini barreled action in 6.5 grendel in a shipment. these vary on sku, 100 of lightweight, 100 of standard, etc...they dont come mixed. these have been shipping steadily. it also depend on if your dealing is actually ordering these items. if they're not ordering them, we cant send them to them. ask your dealer if he has placed an order or have him call us and place an order.

Comment

• Sputnik
            Warrior
            • May 2013

Thanks Matt. It may be that others like myself want to see, touch, hold a rifle before dropping several hundred dollars on it. Then you are at the mercy of availability. All the comments that I have seen so far have been positive.

Comment

• Drift
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

Thanks Matt, for explaining that you get < 200 barreled actions at a time. I truly believe these will be blockbuster rifles for Howa. I know I want the Kryptic stock, but am undecided on the lightweight or heavy barrel... Like a lot of people here I want to pick one up (at a gun show or something) to check the balance and fit to my frame. If I can find a Howa mini action in any caliber and like it's feel I'll order one.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

Matt , I'm interested if these can be installed in the Hogue aluminum bedded stocks or just the original Hogue ( pillar bedded ) . I have one of Howa's 223 and it shoots about .5" @100yds with bell and carlson stock. Howa makes the most accurate bolt action for the money , period.

Comment

• Sputnik
                  Warrior
                  • May 2013

Matt, I didn't know whether to post this on this thread or the longer 27 page thread. Sorry if this is hijacking the Whittaker Arms, but I am watching their website closely for their heavy barrel shipment. Is there any indication from LSI whether the introduction of the Howa 6.5 Grendel Mini was a success, or a regrettable decision? One would think that since production can't keep up with demand, that it was worth while, at least on the short term. Also, are there any thoughts about expanding, the Grendel line with longer 24 inch heavy barrels, heavier heavy barrels, brown cerekote options on barreled actions, different magazine characteristics, etc. for the 2017 line?

Comment

• Rickc
                    Warrior
                    • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Drift View Post
                    Thanks Matt, for explaining that you get < 200 barreled actions at a time. I truly believe these will be blockbuster rifles for Howa. I know I want the Kryptic stock, but am undecided on the lightweight or heavy barrel... Like a lot of people here I want to pick one up (at a gun show or something) to check the balance and fit to my frame. If I can find a Howa mini action in any caliber and like it's feel I'll order one.
                    Well I think a little short action bolt gun chambered in 6.5 Grendel is a wonderful idea. Guess a lot of people do. Kind of reminds me of a Kimber .22 hornet I once had. Always regretted selling that gun.

I would think you would want to keep it as light as possible. If not why not just get a full size savage with a Grendel prefit barrel. I have plenty of those too heavy to carry bench guns. A light hunting/plinking rifle in 6.5 Grendel appeals to me. Of course I just put together an AR with a lightweight barrel. Can I justify another? oh sure!

Comment

• FW Conch
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2014

^ Agree Completely ^ Howa comes out with a great light weight package and there is all this talk about making it a bench rifle. There are plenty of options to go heavy for those who want to, without messing up this great little offering. To many options on the same platform just raises the price. It's a mini action!!!

Comment

• Sputnik
                        Warrior
                        • May 2013

I personally would not mind to see a Grendel option on an Archangel, Alpine, Scout, Diamond, Target Master, Axiom Varminter and a few youth and ladies models. Even if they had to go to a short action. Most anything they offer in a .308, would do well as a Grendel, IMHO. As far as too many options, look at their catalogue; they wrote the book on options. All I am saying, is why not incorporate the Grendel into their lineup of calibers in a few more models.

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2015

I personally would not mind to see a Grendel option on an Archangel, Alpine, Scout, Diamond, Target Master, Axiom Varminter and a few youth and ladies models. Even if they had to go to a short action. Most anything they offer in a .308, would do well as a Grendel, IMHO. As far as too many options, look at their catalogue; they wrote the book on options. All I am saying, is why not incorporate the Grendel into their lineup of calibers in a few more models.
                          we are not going to put the grendel into the short action format. this will stay in the mini. thanks for the input!

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                            Warrior
                            • Nov 2015

Originally posted by hikfromstik View Post
                            Matt , I'm interested if these can be installed in the Hogue aluminum bedded stocks or just the original Hogue ( pillar bedded ) . I have one of Howa's 223 and it shoots about .5" @100yds with bell and carlson stock. Howa makes the most accurate bolt action for the money , period.
                            no, the mini will not work in a short action stock

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2015

Matt, I didn't know whether to post this on this thread or the longer 27 page thread. Sorry if this is hijacking the Whittaker Arms, but I am watching their website closely for their heavy barrel shipment. Is there any indication from LSI whether the introduction of the Howa 6.5 Grendel Mini was a success, or a regrettable decision? One would think that since production can't keep up with demand, that it was worth while, at least on the short term. Also, are there any thoughts about expanding, the Grendel line with longer 24 inch heavy barrels, heavier heavy barrels, brown cerekote options on barreled actions, different magazine characteristics, etc. for the 2017 line?
                              unfortunately no, this is meant to be a mini and only a mini. we have supplemented the short action line with the 6.5 creedmoor to give a 6.5 option. wehave the mini in 6.5 grendel, short action in 6.5 creedmoor and long action in 6.5x55

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2015

this has been a geat success, the feedback we have gotten on this project has been very positive. im sorry but this will stay in the mini action configuration. we get 3 different barrel contours and also only a few barrel length options. we simply do not have the room nor the logistics to start adding several more sku's to the list. also, howa can only produce these at a certain rate for us. we arent slow to get these but we also need to have other skus in shipments to fulfill orders.

Comment

Working...
                                X