• Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Wow-good stuff-congrats!

Comment

• RicosRevenge
      Warrior
      • Jan 2016

With the PRS and consequently most of the local/regional Match Directors now loosening up on the rules that screwed a gasser on stages with movement (lock the bolt, drop mag, show clear then move and re-load); the Grendel becomes a very viable option with a lot of benefits especially when time is involved. I am seriously thinking about shooting my Grendel for the next PRC match (North Region) in October here in TX vs. shooting my Desert Tech in 6.5x47 Lapua. My only concern is that it is getting close to deer season! LOL!!

The amount of 800-1,000 yard shots is limited (MAYBE 10%) in today's "game" as competition has started to twist more towards the mid-range shots but in weird positions so building a solid platform quickly and getting multiple shots down-range becomes the focus.

Great report FLS! Great shooting!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Very cool stuff seeing what the 65G can do in PRS-style. Thanks for reports, guys!
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Rolling Brass
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by FLS View Post
          I've been running my Grendel in some DM and precision matches here in the Carolina's, and it has impressed me. The DM matches are two man teams shooting 1-2 MOA reactive steel out to 600. The precision matches are individual, shooting one to two MOA steel out to 1k from various field positions and props on the clock. In the past I've run a 308 gasser in the DMs and 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun in the precision matches. The Grendel is giving me the best of both, only bested by the big 6.5 beyond 800. I've managed a couple of stage wins and top ten finishes against some stiff competition with the little gun. All with factory 123 Amax ammo. I'm loving this rifle!
          I live in Northern NC. I am looking to get into some comps. I am super novice so I'm not looking to invest a pile of money nor do I have the time to travel much to do so. Can you point me in the direction I could find some matches to get into? Thanks in advance -Bill

Comment

• jeff556
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by FLS View Post
            Shot the Guardian match today with Grendel. It's a fundraiser for Bethany Christian Services. Took 6th overall out of 70+ shooters, with two stage wins. Rifle is running great, and made a strong showing against some top PRS shooters and gear. We engaged 1-2 MOA targets out to 1001 yds. Had several shooters inquiring about the Grendel during and after the match.
            That's awesome, congratulations!

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Congratulations FLS

Comment

• Hattrick
                Bloodstained
                • Jan 2014

Congratulations that's awesome!

Comment

• Smoke
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rolling Brass View Post
                  I live in Northern NC. I am looking to get into some comps. I am super novice so I'm not looking to invest a pile of money nor do I have the time to travel much to do so. Can you point me in the direction I could find some matches to get into? Thanks in advance -Bill
                  I was here once .. Got killed by the site .. Back again but not much

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

Hey guys be aware hattrick bumped a 4 month old thread. Lol rollingbrass hasn't posted since January
                    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• bj139
                      Chieftain
                      • Mar 2017

I was searching for longer shooting ranges in Pennsylvania and found results of a groundhog shoot with cartridges, ranges and groups listed.

No Grendels.

Still looking for a range in Southeast PA where I could try more than 100 yards. Anyone know of one?

Comment

• Swling
                        Unwashed
                        • Sep 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                        I was searching for longer shooting ranges in Pennsylvania and found results of a groundhog shoot with cartridges, ranges and groups listed.

No Grendels.

Still looking for a range in Southeast PA where I could try more than 100 yards. Anyone know of one?
                        I shot at that place some a long time ago!!! I remember there being a range in Cumberland county that had a 300 yard spot, that was over 15 years ago though, can't remember where and only stopped once. Then over near Dillsburg I thought the state operated one that had a 200 yard station, but again some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                        X