• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casper77
    Bloodstained
    • Nov 2015

New Federal 6.5 Grendel Commercial

Saw this on YouTube today, anything new coming from Federal? Their website still shows the 120 gr OTM loading as their only option. https://youtu.be/zi-XbGz3aAU
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Bill Waites posted earlier that he also saw it on Federal Premium's Facebook page. It's a cool video cuz it shows that they "get" the 6.5 Grendel.

Their Facebook rep also mentioned they're working on other loadings, so I'm hoping for good things!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• sovapatriot
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

I hope they bring 6.5 to their vital shock hunting line and maybe to the American Eagle line for plinking

Comment

• Kilco
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2016

Fedral has been stepping up their game. I love the new trophy 10mm round, 1275 fps, and they have also added some really nice stuff for the 260 rem. Hoping for a high velocity 100 grain trophy bonded round! More than likely we will see a 123 SMK match round as well.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Great to have another ammo manufacturera king Grendel

Comment

• stanc
            Banned
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Casper77 View Post
            Saw this on YouTube today, anything new coming from Federal? Their website still shows the 120 gr OTM loading as their only option. https://youtu.be/zi-XbGz3aAU
            Video is very nicely done, but it left me scratching my head and wondering WTF was the point...

Comment

• Bobke
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

Pure teaser of things yet to come. Would seem to suggest an OTM for competition, and a light/fast load for varmint and perhaps another bonded or premium bullet for hunting. Must be present to win-this round's utility has finally been acknowledged. Thank you, Bill.

Comment

• stanc
                Banned
                • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Bobke View Post
                Pure teaser of things yet to come.
                Every teaser that I've ever seen has said something is coming. This video doesn't say there are things to come.

Would seem to suggest an OTM for competition, and a light/fast load for varmint and perhaps another bonded or premium bullet for hunting.
                I take it you mean the final comment, "It all makes the 6.5 Grendel perfect for competition shooting, and varmint to medium game hunting"?

Yeah, after reading it again, I think you're probably right. It was just too subtle for me. I read it as a matter-of-fact statement of the round's capabilities, rather than a faint hint at what loads they have in the works.

Since they currently offer a 120gr HPBT Match load, I'm going to guess that a new hunting load would have a 120gr Fusion bullet, and the varmint load a 90gr TNT.
                Last edited by stanc; 09-25-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• Dogue
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Looks like the OTM round is available, even if it is kinda pricey. Nice to see another major mfg (not sure if this was already posted here yet).
                  Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Working...
                  X