• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redomen
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Chronograph search

I am searching for a good chronograph so I can work up some good reloads and dope charts. With so many to choose from and so many crappy reviews I thought I would turn to the hoard for advice. I am looking at spending $300 or less. Would like to buy something that records strings and high/low with deviation. Preferably one that can download to iPad or computer. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Magnetospeed. Only choice IMO
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Boondoggle
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2016

Originally posted by ricsmall View Post
      Magnetospeed. Only choice IMO
      Agreed! Used my V3 for the first time yesterday. It took a minute to put it on and plug it in. Flawless capture the entire session and the archiving feature to the SD card (included by the way) is great.

That is until you plug the SD card into your laptop that you upgraded to Windows 10 for which Dell doesn't have a driver for the SD card yet!!

Comment

• JASmith
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2014

Yup!

I have well over 1,000 rounds through mine!

Check strap tightness every few shots until you are confident the mount won't drift. Mine has fallen off on occasion -- not good for the ego or efficiency of shots!
        shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
        -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Magnetospeed

It's hard for me to believe that next Wednesday marks 4 years since I posted this:

I watched a guy at the range use one of these and read up on the advantages: http://www.magnetospeed.com So I used the search engine on this site and only found one other member posting on the Magnetospeed - TXGUNNER00: http://www.65grendel.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-3991.html Based on this, and my dissatisfaction with

Time is such a weird concept.

I have to add one more thing. I really like having the ability to quickly run down to my local 25 yard indoor pistol range to test a load, and then back to my reloading bench in under 30 min. No set up. Works indoors

Besides - the usual crowd at the pistol range has never seen a Magnetospeed, so it draws a crowd which gives me more opportunity to discuss the Grendel.

Comment

• Rickc
            Warrior
            • Aug 2016

magneto speed here. I have had the shooting croneys and some old Oehlers even have one with the plastic screens that you shoot through. Probably older than most of the people on this forum.

Lab radar is supposed to be good too but now that I have my magnetospeed I am out of the market

I will say this. having an inaccurate croney is much worse than not having one. It will screw you all up with your load development.

Comment

• wheelguner
              Warrior
              • Oct 2011

I have the MagnetoSpeed Sporter and like it better than any of the previous units (Chrony, PACT, Oehler) that I have owned. The sporter is not as full featured as the the V3 but is considerably cheaper. It will do everything that you mentioned. I download to my Galaxy Note 4 and the APP is also available Iphone.
              Where the Magneto excels is ease/speed of set up without having to go down range which is a major plus if you shoot at crowded ranges.
              Here is the link to their site http://www.magnetospeed.com/
              Shop around for best price.

Comment

• Redomen
                Warrior
                • Jun 2016

Thanks for the info guys. Now all I need to do is decide which one to purchase. (Sportier or v3) I appreciate all of yalls input.

Comment

• Redomen
                  Warrior
                  • Jun 2016

I just ordered the v3 on sale from Midway for $339.00 as a birthday present to me haha!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

After using a friend's Magneto Speed I'm spoiled and dread it when I have to go back and use the Pact Optical chronograph.

Comment

• rickOshay
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by Redomen View Post
                      I just ordered the v3 on sale from Midway for $339.00 as a birthday present to me haha!
                      Happy Birthday!

Comment

• NugginFutz
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2013

I've got a few optical chrono's and have come to the conclusion that magnetospeed or labradar is the only way to do it. I'm patiently waiting for the labradar units to get more competively priced so as to make them a coin flip compared to the magnetospeed. I have plenty of time and view the labradar as the leading contender, since the will work with virtually any handgun, rifle or bow.
                        If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Kikn
                          Warrior
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                          I've got a few optical chrono's and have come to the conclusion that magnetospeed or labradar is the only way to do it. I'm patiently waiting for the labradar units to get more competively priced so as to make them a coin flip compared to the magnetospeed. I have plenty of time and view the labradar as the leading contender, since the will work with virtually any handgun, rifle or bow.
                          That's exactly what i am waiting on. Just waiting for the labradar to come down in price a bit. Then pull the perverbial trigger on it.

Comment

• JASmith
                            Chieftain
                            • Sep 2014

I'm glad I have my magnetospeed.

I don't feel pressured to jump until the LabRadar prices drop too!
                            shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                            -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• IceAxe
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2014

True with everything but I can tell you it doesn't (labRadar) like muzzleloaders. I think it gets confused by all the debris coming out the barrel.
                              Last edited by IceAxe; 09-25-2016, 02:58 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                              X