X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinny
    Warrior
    • Jun 2016

Hemostatic gauzes have come a long way. I remember having my hands "warmed" by the Quick Clot powder. Keep in mind there are very few replacements for a hemostatic agent when wounds are anatomically unamendable. This is coming from a EMT-Tactical certified TCCC instructor, Combat Lifesaver Instructor, Combat Medic with 3 tours and 16 years of experience. I like the pouches and will recommend anyone using chest seals with one-way valves to also have some medical tape handy. The valves have been know to fail when the seal was folded along the line of valves and the tape keeps them from allowing air back into the pleural space.

Perhaps the plastic clips could be red instead of brown. Others would be able to quickly identify this pouch as an IFAK.

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

In SOMTB, we used prep'd chest seals with tape on plastic binder covers that we had attached to the inside of the old M-5 bags.

We used the occlusive dressings, but many different products have emerged since then that are better.

There is pile tape for any kind of chit marking you want to place on these.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Leica LRF pouch, fully padded, lined, bartacked stress points and corners, double and quadruple-stitched. Over-built to prevent damage to high dollar LRF or sensitive gear. Still very lightweight using 500D Cordura outer layer.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• CastorTroy
          Warrior
          • Mar 2015

What would one of those for my Kilo 2000 run?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

I have a pouch for the Sig Kilo 2000 already, with battery retention and tie-down as well. Also fits PVS-14s with Rhino mount, separated from each other by the foam divider, which is removable.

$65 for the small utility pouch (mini LRF/PVS-14s/Kestrel plus mini binos). All US materials, all US design and construction.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
            X