• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rickOshay
    Warrior
    • Apr 2012

Featureless Grips

Hey all you CA Grendel owners - will you be going featureless in January?

Here are a couple of grips to get you there. $50 shipped for both. Not separating.

Mounting screws included for both.

The Exile Machine grip was never used. Mounted it to try out, but preferred the Monsterman.

Monsterman grip was mounted on my 24" Grendel which I've sold. I preferred this grip over a pistol grip when shooting prone. Picture below shows the featureless rifle - therefore no bullet button.

Last edited by rickOshay; 09-29-2016, 04:21 AM.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Issh.

Have you fought back harder before ?

Comment

• rickOshay
      Warrior
      • Apr 2012

Don Quixote I am not.

Comment

• 37L1
        Warrior
        • Jan 2015

Those things are hideous.

Comment

• rickOshay
          Warrior
          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
          Those things are hideous.
          That's what life in CA will be for AR owners come 2017

Comment

• Grendelseeker
            Bloodstained
            • Jul 2016

"Picture below shows the featureless rifle - therefore no bullet button."

A bullet button is not needed if you simply go "featureless", only changing the grip like that? I thought "featureless" required changing the grip, having a bullet button, no forward vertical grip, no folding stock, and barrel length minimum. It's damn confusing.

I've been wondering what everyone in Calif. is going to do come Jan 1 2017. If you go to a shooting range there, ARs are abundant, and I doubt all those people will want to violate the statutes. Besides, they can't go to city ranges where other people are to shoot them if they don't comply, because obviously there will be enforcement there. (Will they be dumping them by the thousands?)

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

IF Connecticut and New York are any indication, California shooters will just go underground with their use of "non conforming" weapons. They won't register them, and they won't use them in public places. But they won't sell them, either.

Comment

• rickOshay
                Warrior
                • Apr 2012

Comment

• rickOshay
                  Warrior
                  • Apr 2012

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  IF Connecticut and New York are any indication, California shooters will just go underground with their use of "non conforming" weapons. They won't register them, and they won't use them in public places. But they won't sell them, either.
                  The new law eliminates the Non conforming ARs from public use. If you want to keep it in your safe - great! If you want to take it out and shoot it - buy a non pistol grip. They're ugly. They're not comfortable except prone or bench. But at least you can take your Grendel out once and a while.

Comment

• 1075 tech
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by rickOshay View Post

The rifle pictured had none of these features, and therefore could have a detachable magazine. It was no different than an M1A or Mini 14. Come Jan 1st - all ARs will have to comply or be deemed "assault weapons" and registered as such.

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:
                    Rifles
                    (1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:

(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
                    (B) A thumbhole stock.
                    (C) A folding or telescoping stock.
                    (D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
                    (E) A flash suppressor.
                    (F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10
                    rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches
                    Since these specify "center fire", does this mean you can have a rim fire WITH these features?

Comment

• 1075 tech
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2015

Legal:1022normal.jpg

Illegal:1022thumbhole.jpg

Complete BS. Still the same weapon. Still operates the same.

I apologize. This is not the thread for this discussion. Back to OP...

Comment

• sneaky one
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

I'd move to nearby friendly state.

To all Californians- vote the hag feinstien out, along with all the others. Time for change in the USA.

Grips don't change much the way the gun is operated. Ummm , pistols have a pistol grip...

Comment

• rickOshay
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2012

Oh Sneaky - wish it was that simple. If we could move - we would.

And you're speaking to the choir about our elected officials. But 60% of voters here disagree with us.

Comment

• sneaky one
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Sorry buddy, Yet I wish you MUCH luck with your sale.. Someone in Cali. needs these. Get em' while you can guys... Or you'll have to make your own from dimensional lumber .

Come to MN soon, BfT and I will take you to the coolest range nearby. It's almost paradise...

Then I can also hand over the best summer sausage , that I've made in years- You can freeze and ship home for you & StanC.

Comment

• rickOshay
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2012

Thanks Sneaky! I'll have to take you up on that. Maybe you'll let me use one of those long magazine thingys.

Comment

Working...
                              X