Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
      Bloodstained
      • Sep 2016

Originally posted by diddlyv View Post
      I am an AZ Horde member as well. 4.5 miles from Tombstone Tactical
      Nice! Tombstone is one of my favorite places in Phoenix lol.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
        Bloodstained
        • Sep 2016

20 rounds of Wolf 100 grain, clean as a whistle! Some of the cases are still dinged on the mouth, but no lug marks...and not all of them are dinged.

Most importantly...no jams! I shot at 50yds, and after a few rounds for zero, I didn't miss the 3" Kong I took to shoot at.

I'm happy. Later I'll get to an actual range, and get some group shooting in.

Thanks for all of your help!

Comment

• Drillboss
          Warrior
          • Jan 2015

The case mouth dings are just a function of the brass making a 180 degree turn coming out of the chamber and the case mouth is hitting the shell deflector. I suspect you're getting a series of brass marks on deflector as well. You can trim about one and a half coils off of your ejector spring to correct that issue. I think there's a thread or two on this forum that discusses the problem.

My rifles did that with the stock ejector spring and a buddy's 300 Blackout did the same thing.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
            Bloodstained
            • Sep 2016

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2016

Just thought I'd give a quick update as a sort of side note. I weighed the gun tonight out of curiosity. 10.83lbs with a 20 round mag installed. She's definitely no light weight!! As soon as my boxes of Wolf 100g come in...I'm taking this gun and the new pistol out for some (hopefully) more precision range time. I'll dig out my Caldwell chrono too if I get a chance...to give you all some numbers.

Comment

• diddlyv
                Warrior
                • Aug 2016

My 20 incher with Odin DMR Barrel and Vortex Viper comes in at 10.00 empty.
                Queen of Battle
                Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                  Bloodstained
                  • Sep 2016

Yeah...they're porkers for sure lol. My little 12.5" barrel pistol is over 8lbs though, with much smaller optics and no bipod...so I guess it's not that bad in comparison.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                    Bloodstained
                    • Sep 2016

Just thought I'd toss in an update here. I've only had this gun out a handful of times since the last update...but it's definitely improving, and me along with it lol.

First 100yd groups. 100 grain Wolf FMJ.

First 100yd group of the day today, Hornady 123 SST.

I credit some of the accuracy to a trigger polish (Flitz on the sear, and some pressure on the hammer to produce a 25lb or so pull...for about 50 cycles), and the JP Enhanced Reliability springs. The difference in my groups improved dramatically (along with barrel break in I assume). I went from 2+MOA like the top picture, to 1.5MOA on average...with the occasional 1MOA like these tossed in. I'm happy to say they're getting more and more common though. It was kind of funny...one day it/I sucked, and the next it was like a different gun. Kinda crazy actually.

Anyhow, thanks again to you all for all your help with the build. I learned a ton about AR's in general, and it's helped me finish two more builds since (the 12.5" Grendel pistol, and a 10.5" 5.56 pistol). Once I finally get some chrono numbers down for this gun, I'll be sure to post them. I'm curious what the 5R 20" AR15 Performance barrel will put out.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2016

Just thought I'd drop in and give an update.

Some of you may have saw I recently started reloading...both for ease and a lower expense for stockpiling ammunition, as well as to maximize the performance of my Grendel guns. Well...if you go back to the early pages and take a look at the primers...it doesn't take long to figure out that you can't read them for squat. I was content in looking for other signs of over pressure...but when I'm going as much as .4 grains over the max listed load for my preferred powder and bullet...with no readable signs...it's a little disconcerting. So I called AR15Performance today, and told them what was going on. He asked me to send a picture of the bolt face and case head. I emailed them over to him, and within 5 minutes he told me to return the bolt for immediate replacement. I clarified that it has been since September of last year. He replied that it didn't matter, send it in...the issue was obviously there from receipt.

Can't say enough about that guy in regards to his treatment of me before, during, and after my purchase.

And I love my Grendel with his barrel .

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Do us (me) a favor and post those pics here too please.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                          Bloodstained
                          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          Do us (me) a favor and post those pics here too please.
                          If I recall, they are posted earlier in this thread.

Comment

• Sticks
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2016

My bad, I thought I had read this entire thread.
                            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• CrisAnderson27
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                              My bad, I thought I had read this entire thread.
                              No worries at all!

Comment

Working...
                              X