X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blanco
    Bloodstained
    • Mar 2016

Finally got all the pieces together and made it to the range yesterday. After making a few adjustments to the scope and about 6 rounds I finally had it shooting a decent group. I think I will have a bit more fiddling with things to make it to my liking.
    One of the gunclub members came by and we were talking about the Grendel. He picked mine up and commented on the light weight.
    Something I found a bit ...Interesting, was the bolt speed seemed a tad bit slow? it was slow enough that i noticed the " clack" after every shot. I was also somewhat less than impressed with the Alexander 5 Rd. Magazine. Are there any better alternatives?

Comment

• Djamiller
      Bloodstained
      • Jul 2016

Do you have an adjustable gas block or a regular gas block? With the gas turned down my bolt carrier feels the same way, if you have a regular gas block then it's probably a small gas port in the barrel that makes it feel that way.

Comment

• jim_bob
        Warrior
        • Jul 2014

Blanco, do you have the Elander 5 round magazine from AA? I've had great experience with the Elanders, although, I don't have any 5 rounders. I do not know of a better 6.5 grendel magazine at this time.

Comment

• Blanco
          Bloodstained
          • Mar 2016

Good progress today .. Swapped out the Burris M Tac for a Athalon Argos FFP 6-24X50 Probably the most amazing value in optics !
          Anyhow had to sight in again and fiddle with the scope but on my last round of ammo I drilled the center Dead Nutz on the Chili.
          I still have a bit of work to do but this was all Positive.
          6.5 Target sm.jpgGren sm.jpg
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Blanco; 01-16-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• jcjarmon
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2016

If you want the best you can buy, look up Cryptic Coatings, Cryptic Black BCG. Just order the 5.56 BCG, and throw the bolt in the draw. You'll use it one day.

Comment

Working...
            X