X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Short Barreled Rifle
    Unwashed
    • Apr 2017

I haven't recieved my barrel yet either. Has everyone else got theirs other than myself and the poster above?

Comment

• Troutguide
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

Got mine last week and it is sweet.
      "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
        You happen to know the thickness of a handguard cap? I think I'll change my barrel drawing specifications to allow the block to abut the shoulder directly and assume no handguard caps will be used.
        If we go that route, then we should spec a gas block as well, and have it pinned so that alignment is controlled from the start. We can also profile the block so that it is the same profile of the shoulder on the barrel.

I would also recommend a 12.5" barrel length so that we can still use 12" handguards with brake attach muzzle devices. Just tried my TBAC brake attach with a 12", and I will need to use an 11" handguard. Not a big deal for me, but 12.5" gives you more handguard options for those that want to use a 12" tube.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
          Administrator
          • Feb 2011

LR, would a 12.25" work with industry standard 12" handguards? Just wondering.
          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
            LR, would a 12.25" work with industry standard 12" handguards? Just wondering.
            It's not a huge deal, but many suppressors won't be able to attach to the muzzle device with a 12" handguard.

11" handguards are fine for me.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Lastrites
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Hand guard cap thickness can vary a bit too as I've seen some at .025 as well as .032.

Hand guard length, especially the 12" types seem to vary too as I've seen ones advertised as 12" actually measuring 12.25 or more. MI for instance calls theirs a 12 but is actually more like 12.625".

Comment

• RANGER
                Warrior
                • Oct 2016

When they realized the first batch was not to spec, I imagine they ran enough new ones to replace all the barrels right? So no matter when you sent them in there should have been replacements waiting? I may have not gotten my in right away but I'm still waiting on 5 barrels

Comment

• stellar
                  Bloodstained
                  • Aug 2016

Thread revival - Just took my barrel to the range for the first time today and looks like im having headspace issues with in-spec Hornady ELD ammo and 2 bolts (1 from Precision Firearms and 1 from the Monster group buy).

The first round fired got stuck in the chamber at the range and doing more testing at home is showing feed issues with dummy casings I have. Time to get so go-nogo's I guess.

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

Stellar,
                    Make sure to brush out the chamber with a 45 cal brush and solvent.
                    There is sometimes some goo in there making chambering/extraction difficult.

Comment

• stellar
                      Bloodstained
                      • Aug 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                      Stellar,
                      Make sure to brush out the chamber with a 45 cal brush and solvent.
                      There is sometimes some goo in there making chambering/extraction difficult.
                      Yeah I did with CLP and a nylon brush. It feels like its at bare min spec so ill try some light oil this weekend to break it in. The brass is comming out with the lighter abrasive look near the shoulder and walls.

Comment

• tucansam
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

12" Faxon went to the range for the first time today.

Hornady factory SST and AMAX.

First round failed to chamber all the way, and then extracting was difficult. It had a dent on the shoulder, and a few slashes on the neck and shoulder (areas where super shiny new brass was shining through, like something sharp had cut into it).

Second round did the exact same thing.

Cleaned the chamber (again) and fired 20 rounds.

4" groups was the norm.

My 20" Criterion does 1/2" with the same ammo.

Good times.

Comment

• tmilam
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2016

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

Cryptic coatings mystic bronze liteweight no serrations

Comment

• LRRPF52
                              Super Moderator
                              • Sep 2014

Mine has been flawless so far using the Maxim PDW brace, which has a very stiff action spring. I'm enjoying this 12" much more than I should.

I've only been shooting 123gr Hornady American Gunner through it so far. Need to do some ladders with different hand loads and see where it's at.

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2016

Does anyone else hear Homer drooling?
                                What grips are those bottom two? LaRue smoothies?

Comment

Working...
                                X