X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonny rotton
    Warrior
    • Dec 2015

when i did have my first 12" barrel i did get to shoot it once. two of my four groups were 3/4" at 100 yds. it showed great promise. i should have not sent it back for a replacement that i am still waiting on. i hope if we ever get the barrels that they shoot as well as my "defective" one did.

Comment

• Les
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
      Here is my first build pics.... http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...322#post156322

now it is still in pieces....
      I like the way you got the rail to go out to the starting of the threads. Depending on what it looks like after finally getting the barrel, I might need to replace the 10" ALG. Hmmmm
      Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• tucansam
        Bloodstained
        • Dec 2016

Not surprisingly, because I certainly didn't expect it to happen, I did not receive a tracking number from Faxon today, nor a reply to my email asking for confirmation that it shipped. So I sent them another email asking if it shipped today, as promised, and requesting a tracking number. Again.

I am not holding my breath.

As an aside, it has begun. A buddy called me last night about 300BLK barrels, and told me Faxon was on his list. I emphatically told him to avoid Faxon and then sent him the URL to this thread.

Now Faxon is off his list.

Comment

• stellar
          Bloodstained
          • Aug 2016

Originally posted by tucansam View Post
          Not surprisingly, because I certainly didn't expect it to happen, I did not receive a tracking number from Faxon today, nor a reply to my email asking for confirmation that it shipped. So I sent them another email asking if it shipped today, as promised, and requesting a tracking number. Again.

As an aside, it has begun. A buddy called me last night about 300BLK barrels, and told me Faxon was on his list. I emphatically told him to avoid Faxon and then sent him the URL to this thread.

Savage. lol

Comment

• tucansam
            Bloodstained
            • Dec 2016

Got a tracking number from Faxon this morning, just now. USPS Priority Mail.

Comment

• subinoob
              Bloodstained
              • Jul 2016

Pics or it didn't happen

Comment

• stellar
                Bloodstained
                • Aug 2016

What email address have you been in contact with?

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2016

Alright, good news! Thsnks.

Comment

• Slinkz
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2016

Nice!

Comment

• rabiddawg
                      Chieftain
                      • Feb 2013

Guess they only got one finished.
                      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• tucansam
                        Bloodstained
                        • Dec 2016

Originally posted by stellar View Post
                        What email address have you been in contact with?

customerservice@faxonfirearms.com, I used the contact info on their site.

Comment

• tucansam
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2016

August 17, 2017, 8:42 pm Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
                          Your item arrived at our CINCINNATI OH NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER origin facility on August 17, 2017 at 8:42 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
                          August 17, 2017, 7:27 pm Accepted at USPS Origin Facility CINCINNATI, OH 45240
                          August 16, 2017, 2:42 pm Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item

Scheduled to be at my house on Saturday.

Comment

• subinoob
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jul 2016

Just checked a thread in industry section on ar15.com and nathan said "Yes. First shipments were out today. The vast majority is out tomorrow."

Comment

• tucansam
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2016

I did not know that thread existed and just read it.

Faxon seems to have no problem communication information in the ar15.com thread. Given that I participated in a 65grendel.com group buy, and that we are now at 41 pages of thread content, why can Faxon not frequent and inform THIS thread? Why should I have to go to another forum to get information on this forum's group buy?!

I remain confused.

Looking forward to Saturday though.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                                Super Moderator
                                • Sep 2014

Normally group buy communication goes through the person organizing the group buy. If the vendor chooses to step in and try to inform people on what's going on, that's gravy. We've had some very smooth group buys on here for the most part.

I remember the first one being with a little company called Hornady, with this new 123gr SST hunting bullet. We pooled the forum resources together, and were able to help make the 123gr SST a reality faster with a pretty large up-front order. I still have piles of that order on my shelf because many of us bought 500-600 of them, some 1000.

Stokes organized and managed it, with no reason for Hornady to get involved. Sometimes it takes patience.

Nathan from Faxon has a reputation for being very proactive with communication, so maybe there was a different expectation. Considering that there were issues with the first batch of pipes that they owned and took care of without trying to blame anyone, that's the sign of a stand-up company whose name I don't want to see trashed on the board.

We're all eagerly waiting these things, so let's consider everything and simmer down a bit.
                                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                                X