X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmike66
    Bloodstained
    • Sep 2016

I have to think the replacements should be done very soon. The e-mail I got on the 17th said the replacements were already in production and should be ready in 5 weeks. It's been 5 weeks. So crossing fingers they should be done and shipped any day now.

Comment

• jonny rotton
      Warrior
      • Dec 2015

i pulled one barrel and sent it in. i am also waiting on a second one i purchased. i am trying to patiently wait. it is hard. i have everything ready to reassemble then shoot.

Comment

• SteelersFan
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by madmike66 View Post
        I have to think the replacements should be done very soon. The e-mail I got on the 17th said the replacements were already in production and should be ready in 5 weeks. It's been 5 weeks. So crossing fingers they should be done and shipped any day now.
        It was for 4 or 5 weeks to fast track the rest of the original group buy also but that was 10 weeks ago and still no barrels.

Comment

• 283ea93a
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

I'm not worried about the time frame as long as they are right. However, I will admit the longer it takes the nicer I expect the gift to be.

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

My guess is the gift is one of the 3 prong muzzle devices

Comment

• Beerswimmer
              Warrior
              • Dec 2015

I'm moving in 3 weeks...... Any chance this will move with me, or should I just start e-mailing Faxon about a new address?
              UT ALII VIVANT !!!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

I'd email Faxon to be safe.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• jonny rotton
                  Warrior
                  • Dec 2015

are we ever going to get these barrels?? it has been quite a while in waiting without any news or a date to look forward to. faxon??????

Comment

• Troutguide
                    Warrior
                    • Jan 2017

I agree, Faxon must have some major issues right now there is no way it should take this long to make these barrels and it is totally unprofessional to leave us hanging with no eta. I am from the very last batch of 12" barrels so I have been waiting the shortest amount of time, I cannot imagine how I would feel if I were from the first of this buy and still waiting. Not to mention that I have passed up great sales on barrels that were less money and probably just as good, I could be hunting hogs, but no.

No offense BFT, I know it is out of your hands, Faxon needs to get their act together or they are going to alienate a a lot of good customers.
                    "I rarely give a definite answer" - TG

Comment

• CYB29
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2016

Email I received this morning.
                      Thank you for taking the time to contact us! I just spoke with production and they told me the barrels are about two weeks out.

Thanks,
                      Mark
                      Customer Service

I would take that time frame with a grain of salt however, as we are 3 weeks outside of the 5 week timeframe we were supposed to receive the

Comment

• explorecaves
                        Warrior
                        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by CYB29 View Post
                        Email I received this morning.
                        Thank you for taking the time to contact us! I just spoke with production and they told me the barrels are about two weeks out.

Thanks,
                        Mark
                        Customer Service

I would take that time frame with a grain of salt however, as we are 3 weeks outside of the 5 week timeframe we were supposed to receive the
                        Well, 2.5 weeks beyond the estimated turn around time for the return of the barrels. I personally will give them another 1-2 weeks before I start screaming for shipping notice especially since I took a week to ship my barrel back to them. My math conservatively says 1 week to return the barrel, 1 week to QC the barrels received, 1 week to adjust the profile for machining, then the 5 weeks for processing the barrels. Yes that is outside the 5 weeks estimated from the email, but I would rather it done right than to get shoddy, rushed work.

Comment

• tmilam
                          Unwashed
                          • Dec 2016

Checking back, I sent funds on Dec 23. I'll be honest, this group buy will make me rethink my involvement in any more future group buy purchases if they take a similar course that Faxon has. I too have passed up several good deals at similar prices during ur past 8 months. It hasn't really left a good taste in my mouth.

Comment

• Bigs28
                            Chieftain
                            • Feb 2016

Group buys take a while. There is someone who posted they will buy your barrel so you can go buy one of your other deals. It is what it is. Whining about it does nothing.

Comment

• madmike66
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
                              Well, 2.5 weeks beyond the estimated turn around time for the return of the barrels. I personally will give them another 1-2 weeks before I start screaming for shipping notice especially since I took a week to ship my barrel back to them. My math conservatively says 1 week to return the barrel, 1 week to QC the barrels received, 1 week to adjust the profile for machining, then the 5 weeks for processing the barrels. Yes that is outside the 5 weeks estimated from the email, but I would rather it done right than to get shoddy, rushed work.

I absolutely agree with the "do it right, not rushed" position, but don't quote 5 weeks when you send the return shipping label if it's going to be well outside of that. Especially when you're behind the 8 ball with a customer having sent them a bad barrel already. That's getting to be my only beef, that and be proactive about communicating that. I shouldn't have to e-mail Faxon a couple weeks after 5 weeks goes by to be told it's going to be another few weeks. They have all our info, they already e-mailed us once, if they encountered delays send us an update with a new timeline.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                                Administrator
                                • Feb 2011

Heard from Nathan yesterday and he apologizes again and again for delay. They want to get these right. I'm in the same boat as you guys. Waiting. . . . He says in two weeks.

BTW, I don't blame guys for bitching about this. It was a major screw up. Really was. I can't change that. Trying to make the best of it.

When these come, they WILL be cool. THAT I know.
                                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                                X