• EBR65
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2016

Today is the day, right?!

Comment

• rabiddawg
      Chieftain
      • Feb 2013

This group buy was announced last September. The cut off was last December.

Here we are at Nathan's own worst case date. I tend to be a small businessman's apologist but this is beyond ridiculous.

SMH
      Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• CYB29
        Unwashed
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post

Here we are at Nathan's own worst case date. I tend to be a small businessman's apologist but this is beyond ridiculous.

SMH
        ^^

Comment

• jonny rotton
          Warrior
          • Dec 2015

are they getting shipped out today as told???

Comment

• jurassic
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post

SMH
            ^^^

Comment

• cowboyway
              Unwashed
              • Apr 2017

I received an email from them today and they said they would be shipping out next week. Granted, I emailed them a month ago and they said two weeks, so take it for what its worth. Either way, I think they will probably really start shipping either next week, or the following.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Boys, hey, I hear ya. I called Nathan YET AGAIN today and he says it's top priority and they ship within days.
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Slinkz
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2016

Originally posted by BluntForceTrauma View Post
                  Boys, hey, I hear ya. I called Nathan YET AGAIN today and he says it's top priority and they ship within days.
                  Appreciate the update and thank you once again for organizing everything. I realize it isn't easy organizing all of this, especially with all of the issues we've had.

Honestly just hoping we get them before labor day at this point. I understand it can be difficult for them to give accurate timelines, but I've gotta say that the continually missed deadlines by huge margins have gotten old, especially with something that had to be sent back due to error. I can take the waiting, but missing deadlines and then making you call them, rather than them reaching out to all of us with an update seems a little ridiculous at this point.

Comment

• The Profit Joseph Sith
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2016

Well unfortunately this occurred at a time when Faxon is REALLY ramping up production in it's barrels dept. They are offering many new chambering, profiles and starting pistol barrel production soon. I'm glad they are growing not shrinking. I'm sure this won't appease most of the people suffering long wait times. I'm still literally waiting for my Christmas presents I bought myself as well. But let's try and show some understanding.. you all knew it wasn't available on the store shelf and timelines weren't set in stone when you signed up.

Hopefully you all don't blacklist me for preaching patience... ;P

Comment

• Les
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2016

Originally posted by The Profit Joseph Sith View Post
                      Well unfortunately this occurred at a time when Faxon is REALLY ramping up production in it's barrels dept. They are offering many new chambering, profiles and starting pistol barrel production soon. I'm glad they are growing not shrinking. I'm sure this won't appease most of the people suffering long wait times. I'm still literally waiting for my Christmas presents I bought myself as well. But let's try and show some understanding.. you all knew it wasn't available on the store shelf and timelines weren't set in stone when you signed up.

Hopefully you all don't blacklist me for preaching patience... ;P
                      I might be wrong but it seems as though the lack of communication from faxon is irking guys more than the wait. ymmv I have to wait on a stamp anyway.
                      Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• EBR65
                        Unwashed
                        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Les View Post
                        I might be wrong but it seems as though the lack of communication from faxon is irking guys more than the wait. ymmv I have to wait on a stamp anyway.
                        Yes, the lack of communication and empty promises are the issues here. Wait times don't bother me.

Comment

• tucansam
                          Bloodstained
                          • Dec 2016

Originally posted by EBR65 View Post
                          Yes, the lack of communication and empty promises are the issues here. Wait times don't bother me.

My dad was a small business owner. My wife is a small business owner. I support small business 100% of the time if i can, even if prices are a little higher.

Having said that, this will be my first, and last, Faxon barrel. I will never do business with them again. Nor will I ever recommend them to friends. And I'm "that guy" that all the firearms-ignorant guys in my social circles go to for advice. Faxon is losing business as a result of this. I know many won't care, c'est la vie, but for me its a big deal. And for any small business, it should be.

And yes, comms is the issue. Its not the only issue, but it is THE issue.

Thanks to the guys in this thread who are doing what they can to get information out of this company and into our hands.

Comment

• the_assman
                            Unwashed
                            • Dec 2016

this has turned into the group buy from hell. not just for the long wait times but for the lack of information throughout the whole process.

after you've taken someone's money you wouldn't think it would be too much to ask for an update every now and then. i don't believe there are still people defending faxon in this thread , if they couldn't handle the order with all the other things they have going on they shouldn't have agreed to the group buy.

i think they tracked down and killed bin laden in less time than this group buy is taking

Comment

• Ditcher
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

It must be the new norm in the business to have poor comms. I been on a GP on another forum for little over a year and the comms have been poor. Most people don't mind waiting long as they know what's going on.

Comment

• EBR65
                                Unwashed
                                • Nov 2016

Originally posted by tucansam View Post
                                My dad was a small business owner. My wife is a small business owner. I support small business 100% of the time if i can, even if prices are a little higher.

Having said that, this will be my first, and last, Faxon barrel. I will never do business with them again. Nor will I ever recommend them to friends. And I'm "that guy" that all the firearms-ignorant guys in my social circles go to for advice. Faxon is losing business as a result of this. I know many won't care, c'est la vie, but for me its a big deal. And for any small business, it should be.

And yes, comms is the issue. Its not the only issue, but it is THE issue.

Thanks to the guys in this thread who are doing what they can to get information out of this company and into our hands.
                                Same. Dad was a sbo, wife is now. Faxon is big enough that us few that won't do business with them again won't matter, but "oh well" (rjm), my $$ will go in someone else's pockets next time.

Comment

Working...
                                X