Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: CLOSED Faxon 12" 6.5 Grendel Group Buy $155 + S&H

Unwashed
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I might be wrong but it seems as though the lack of communication from faxon is irking guys more than the wait. ymmv I have to wait on a stamp anyway.
    Yes, the lack of communication and empty promises are the issues here. Wait times don't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by EBR65 View Post
    Yes, the lack of communication and empty promises are the issues here. Wait times don't bother me.

My dad was a small business owner. My wife is a small business owner. I support small business 100% of the time if i can, even if prices are a little higher.

Having said that, this will be my first, and last, Faxon barrel. I will never do business with them again. Nor will I ever recommend them to friends. And I'm "that guy" that all the firearms-ignorant guys in my social circles go to for advice. Faxon is losing business as a result of this. I know many won't care, c'est la vie, but for me its a big deal. And for any small business, it should be.

And yes, comms is the issue. Its not the only issue, but it is THE issue.

Thanks to the guys in this thread who are doing what they can to get information out of this company and into our hands.

this has turned into the group buy from hell. not just for the long wait times but for the lack of information throughout the whole process.

after you've taken someone's money you wouldn't think it would be too much to ask for an update every now and then. i don't believe there are still people defending faxon in this thread , if they couldn't handle the order with all the other things they have going on they shouldn't have agreed to the group buy.

i think they tracked down and killed bin laden in less time than this group buy is taking

Bloodstained
    It must be the new norm in the business to have poor comms. I been on a GP on another forum for little over a year and the comms have been poor. Most people don't mind waiting long as they know what's going on.

Unwashed
    Quote Originally Posted by tucansam View Post
    My dad was a small business owner. My wife is a small business owner. I support small business 100% of the time if i can, even if prices are a little higher.

Having said that, this will be my first, and last, Faxon barrel. I will never do business with them again. Nor will I ever recommend them to friends. And I'm "that guy" that all the firearms-ignorant guys in my social circles go to for advice. Faxon is losing business as a result of this. I know many won't care, c'est la vie, but for me its a big deal. And for any small business, it should be.

And yes, comms is the issue. Its not the only issue, but it is THE issue.

Thanks to the guys in this thread who are doing what they can to get information out of this company and into our hands.
    Same. Dad was a sbo, wife is now. Faxon is big enough that us few that won't do business with them again won't matter, but "oh well" (rjm), my $$ will go in someone else's pockets next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditcher View Post
    It must be the new norm in the business to have poor comms. I been on a GP on another forum for little over a year and the comms have been poor. Most people don't mind waiting long as they know what's going on.

Easy way for a company to raise instant capital for other projects while they take their sweet time filling orders..... A sad state of affairs; that parts of the firearms industry have apparently degenerated bothers me to no end.

I just hope that they throw in another $155 barrel for the troubles. It's going to take a LOT from them to make me a repeat customer, a second barrel might not even do it. Now 5 weeks past the 5 week date........... after a recall......... and not a top priority to them??? I hear Faxon, I get a headache now....

And now that I'm done whining, is anyone else making theirs into a "pistol"? I'm planning on a light, short hunting rig that will get a suppressor.
    Last edited by Beerswimmer; 08-13-2017 at 07:36 PM.
    UT ALII VIVANT !!!

Warrior
    I am making pistol I have everything assembled except barrel frustrated with the wait but excited to get 'er finished.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Les View Post
    I might be wrong but it seems as though the lack of communication from faxon is irking guys more than the wait. ymmv I have to wait on a stamp anyway.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by EBR65 View Post
    Same. Dad was a sbo, wife is now. Faxon is big enough that us few that won't do business with them again won't matter, but "oh well" (rjm), my $$ will go in someone else's pockets next time.
    EBR65,

I think the logic of just the few of us who are unhappy about the customer service, product QA, follow-up keeping their word will be multiplied. How many of those screwed by Faxon are more into firearms in their respective groups? How many are asked by others in a group for their emperical based opinion? My guess is that the majority of those of us who have ordered one of these barrels. I'd also guess we have formed a strong opinion of Faxon.

S/F, FOG

Unwashed
    Quote Originally Posted by FOGII View Post
    EBR65,

I think the logic of just the few of us who are unhappy about the customer service, product QA, follow-up keeping their word will be multiplied. How many of those screwed by Faxon are more into firearms in their respective groups? How many are asked by others in a group for their emperical based opinion? My guess is that the majority of those of us who have ordered one of these barrels. I'd also guess we have formed a strong opinion of Faxon.

S/F, FOG
    I hadn't thought of it to that extent, but you nailed it.

That is what I was getting at in my post above. Every time someone asks me "what barrel for my AR build," an event which has been occurring more and more lately, I will most definitely NOT mention Faxon. In fact, out of sheer pissed-offed-ness, I may go so far as to say "anyone BUT Faxon."

Pooch = screwed.

Bloodstained
    I have to agree with those of you not doing business with Faxon again. My experience was buying one barrel but being sent another (a 45 auto caliber that they didn't even list at that time) well I finally got the barrel I ordered, a 300 BO hunter pistol barrel. The communication was less than perfect plus the added wait time only added to my frustration. After reading of these problems you guys are having it reinforces my stand not to do any more business with Faxon.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerswimmer View Post
    I just hope that they throw in another $155 barrel for the troubles. It's going to take a LOT from them to make me a repeat customer, a second barrel might not even do it. Now 5 weeks past the 5 week date........... after a recall......... and not a top priority to them??? I hear Faxon, I get a headache now....

And now that I'm done whining, is anyone else making theirs into a "pistol"? I'm planning on a light, short hunting rig that will get a suppressor.
    I think I'm going to have to if I want it for Nov. At least get a dedicated pistol lower, mine will be suppressed as well.
    Last edited by Les; 08-14-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Warrior
    Mine is for sale, who wants it? First post gets it. Tired of waiting a second time.
    Last edited by jurassic; 08-14-2017 at 09:39 PM. Reason: spelling

Warrior
    I will take it.

Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Troutguide View Post
    I will take it.

Ok, Ill pm you. Not sure what the best way to make the transfer is.

Bloodstained
    Thinking about selling my place in line for the 12" barrel. Anyone interested?

Warrior
    Don't tempt me.

I emailed Faxon yesterday.

They emailed me back today.

Comms are up.

--

We are extremely sorry for the delay. Your replacement barrel will be shipping out tomorrow!

Thanks,
    Sales Team
    Faxon Firearms

We'll see what happens.