Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Calm down - gang. Don't push any issues -

Comment

• the_assman
      Unwashed
      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post

Nathan from Faxon has a reputation for being very proactive with communication, so maybe there was a different expectation. Considering that there were issues with the first batch of pipes that they owned and took care of without trying to blame anyone, that's the sign of a stand-up company whose name I don't want to see trashed on the board.
      just curious but who would they blame ?

Comment

• EBR65
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by the_assman View Post
        Lol, my thoughts exactly!

Comment

• EBR65
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

I emailed faxon yesterday, here's their response today

"Thanks for following up! We are working to get all of the replacement barrels shipped out. Your barrel is currently slotted to ship out Monday!"

Comment

• rabiddawg
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2013

Hmm. No new shipping info today.

I guess Faxon didn't finish a barrel today.
            Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• CYB29
              Unwashed
              • Oct 2016

Originally posted by rabiddawg View Post
              Hmm. No new shipping info today.

I guess Faxon didn't finish a barrel today.
              ^^^

Comment

• NugginFutz
                Chieftain
                • Aug 2013

Originally posted by the_assman View Post
                Well, I can remember one particular group buy which ended up with a bunch going back. That particular barrel maker blamed Hornady, the SAAMI specification, Bill Alexander, the shooters, Santa Claus, and a few others.

Ok, He didn't blame Bill Alexander.

The point is, Faxon sucked it up and did the right thing without trying to cast blame on suppliers, reamers, etc. A real first rate outfit for doing so.
                If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• tucansam
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
                  Well, I can remember one particular group buy which ended up with a bunch going back. That particular barrel maker blamed Hornady, the SAAMI specification, Bill Alexander, the shooters, Santa Claus, and a few others.

The point is, Faxon sucked it up and did the right thing without trying to cast blame on suppliers, reamers, etc. A real first rate outfit for doing so.

No offense, but if a company owning up to a mistake is your standard for a first rate outfit, you need to raise your standards.

Even my kids own up to mistakes. And they're teenagers who can play the blame game at a level approaching the astral plane.

I was not here for the aforementioned group buy, but if a company blamed everything and everyone you listed, then it would appear that that company is run by degenerates of the highest order.

I am happy to have participated in this group buy, I am happy Faxon stepped up with a nice product at a sweet price, and I was thrilled by the barrel I initially received. I sent it back on the off chance that something was wrong with it that I could not detect or perceive with my eyeballs, and I am thrilled Faxon took corrective action. I am not happy about the timeline (mildly understandable, all things considered) or the lack of comms (completely unacceptable). Combine everything that has happened since November, and the entire deal is quite sour indeed. Fixable, but sour.

I'll post today when my barrel and "free gift" arrive. According to FedEx its on schedule. Hopefully it arrives before I have to leave for work.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2013

I made a post praising Faxon for stepping up unlike that bunch from satern. Unfortunately that goodwill is long gone.

Hard for me to explain it but I was all good until the missed deadlines and ZERO update from Faxon. I know it's hard to face customers when you don't deliver but damnit you HAVE TO DO IT. I guess I get the feeling the folks at Faxon are thinking "oh well, they will get over it".

Some may; I won't. I will never own a satern product either.

Mark Twain

Comment

• madmike66
                      Bloodstained
                      • Sep 2016

I don't want to be one to pile on a company, but I have to agree 100% with the communication failure here. Nathan has made posts over at ARFCOM that we were about to go out, but aside from that all we have is what people are sharing here.

Some people have gotten tracking numbers, while it seems the rest of us haven't even gotten a direct communication at all. It isn't like they don't have our info, we had to e-mail with them to initiate the return process. How hard is it to slap all those into a blind list and blast out an e-mail that the barrels are done and ready to ship and tracking numbers will start going out soon?

I get that Nathan is trying to provide updates when he can, but if you're reading this Nathan the rest of your service department is dropping the ball BIG TIME with communicating with the group buy members who had to return a faulty product. You have tucansam posting above that his barrel is shipped, he has a tracking number and is scheduled to arrive today, and I and others are sitting here and haven't even been contacted yet ONCE since we received the shipping labels back in May! That's right, a little over 3 months since I've gotten a single piece of direct communication regarding this. So Nathan, a personal thanks to you for communication here and on ARFCOM, but you really ought to consider walking down the hall to the folks who are responsible for communicating with recall customers and tell them they need to do their jobs.

Comment

• Carde017
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2017

My replacement barrel just showed up at my house. Just letting yall know. I thought something "a little extra" was supposed to be with it? I don't ask for freebies, but thought I read that somewhere

Comment

• Bigs28
                          Chieftain
                          • Feb 2016

Yes this is part of their email sent in May.

Faxon would like to bring the barrels from this batch back for replacement. Due to special tooling used for the Group Buy barrels, we will be manufacturing the barrels anew for replacement. ETA is about 5 weeks from this notice for the replacement.

The return and replacement process will be handled by Faxon Firearms directly. All shipping is on us and you can expect a gift from Faxon with the replacement barrels. To start this process, please reply to this e-mail (CustomerService@faxonfirearms.com) with the following information:

Their 5 weeks turned into 14. Maybe the 5 was a typo like the fact he keeps calling them 12.5" instead of 12". But it does say expect a gift.

Comment

• Carde017
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2017

Yea, I thought I remembered the "gift". Oh well, guess they thought, "why send anything extra, they'll just be happy they got the barrel." Hahaha

Comment

• the_assman
                              Unwashed
                              • Dec 2016

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post

i understand they could blame anyone or anything they want but wasn't the problem an over drilled index pin hole ? isn't this part of the process that's done inhouse by faxxon.

i'll admit i'm not quite sure exactly what the problem was as i've had no communication from BFT or faxxon. i'm not even sure if i'm the only one from the original group buy that didn't get a barrel sent out that had to get sent back or if i've just been forgotten about. i've received no barrel or communication from anyone.

instead of faxxon posting some useful information in the thread mods drop in to say they don't want faxxon's name trashed and senior members chime in and tell me not to push any issues. have i trashed faxxon's name in this thread ? what issue's am i not supposed to push ? i would just like some information from someone about my barrel.

i really am tiring of people defending faxxon on this group buy , they surely have screwed the pooch on this one.

Comment

• rabiddawg
                                Chieftain
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Carde017 View Post
                                My replacement barrel just showed up at my house. Just letting yall know. I thought something "a little extra" was supposed to be with it? I don't ask for freebies, but thought I read that somewhere
                                I can't think of a darn thing I would want other than my barrel.

If it is a tee shirt or cap type item it's going in the garbage. I'm not walking around advertising for them now.

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X